Suicide of Near, bsnes and higan developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The life style that some LGBTQ+ people choose to live is a big reason why they suffer from mental illness. Participating in behaviors that always end up hurting you is not a smart way to live your life. The Deadly Sins are called deadly for a reason. If they would stop behaving in such manner they'd find that their mental illness and problems would lesson if not almost completely go away. I don't mean to Preach, but it's sad that people end up committing suicide and I'm just trying to share what I know that works in an attempt to help others who may be contemplating suicide.
As a mental health professional, allow me to say this: go fuck yourself.

Don't care if I'm permabanned. Go fuck yourself.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As a mental health professional, allow me to say this: go fuck yourself.

Don't care if I'm permabanned. Go fuck yourself.

I second this. OP can take his Jesus shit (especially at at time like this) and can fornicate with a cactus.

SOMEONE IS DEAD and all you can say is that "well if they weren't living in sin then they wouldn't have that problem, it was self induced because of mEnTaL hEaLTH"

I know his post and @YukidaruPunch will probably have his reply deleted along with this one but I just had to say something

I think you're misunderstanding. I'm just trying to explain why cyber bullying would lead someone to taking their own life. It's fairly common in the LGBTQ community. I've lost a few friends to it because growing up gay or trans or anything else that falls on the spectrum leaves you emotionally volatile. You grow up with the idea that you aren't "normal", which squats on your mind until you either finally learn how to accept yourself, or you just sit in self-loathing for the rest of your life.

You're trying too hard with the trolling there. The "concerned Christian" bit is incredibly dated. Come back with more appealing bait.

Are you out of touch with the rise of the authoritarian evangelical movement? They're dead fucking serious.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have talk to him a number of times, from what I got to know of Near aka Byuu, he was an awesome and very likeable dude. When I learned of this tonight, it hit me pretty hard. I followed his work from start to finish when he left the project to go do other things. I still use his emulator to this day. You'll be missed by the whole world and emulation community and what you have done for it!!

May You forever rest in peace! My heart felt condolences go out to his friends and family!

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not necessarily. All the large hosting services and ISPs could decide to drop websites for hosting that sort of 'witch hunt' and doxxing content. There's not much they could do about it other than take it underground to the dark web, but that would also defeat much of its purpose; to attract and radicalize as many people as possible for these hatred campaigns.
They wouldn't need to go the the dark web. They can always host themselves if they have access to the resources (of course they'll still require some sort of ISP). And ISPs and hosting services are never going to band together to drop and blacklist sites like that because it's bad for business and it's a slippery slope. If one site gets shutdown the people can request other ones do for saying something bad about them. If the host doesn't drop it they might get sued by the people requesting a takedown. Who might actually have a case if said ISP has taken down another "harassment" site, especially if there's a jury. GBAtemp is more likely to get taken down since a lot of the discussion is about emulation and homebrew and the latter usually requires using some way to bypass copy protection which is a DMCA violation and illegal. There's also the issue of whether or not what they're doing can actually be called harassment in whatever country they operate from.

KiwiFarms is far from a good place but websites start getting censored because we get offended by what they say, next will be news outlets, TV, etc. and we'll get to a point where nobody can say anything bad about anyone else.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.I.P.
Did Near himself leave a note or anything? Or like, links to kiwi actually targeting/trying to dox the guy? Pretty sure they've had rules against that kind of thing for a while now, and its not usually just one thing that drives someone to suicide.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And ISPs and hosting services are never going to band together to drop and blacklist sites like that because it's bad for business and it's a slippery slope.
I don't see how this has anything to do with "business," it's a bunch of no-lifers breaking the law. Nor do I see any potential for a slippery slope here.

If one site gets shutdown the people can request other ones do for saying something bad about them.
Bit of a ridiculous comparison, this is way beyond a little biting gossip. It was literally years of round-the-clock harassment. Which is something that's already illegal, it's only enforcement of those laws that's been too lax.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
R.I.P.
Did Near himself leave a note or anything? Or like, links to kiwi actually targeting/trying to dox the guy? Pretty sure they've had rules against that kind of thing for a while now, and its not usually just one thing that drives someone to suicide.

He wrote about it on his Twitter.

twitter.com/near_koukai

I'd check on him but nobody knows where he lives.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: PaulR

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
It's very insulting that this Byuu person is using his suicide to manhandle someone and his buddies seem in on it.
BRO THEY FUCKING KILLED THEMSELF THEY'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING YOU DUMBASS

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KiwiFarms is far from a good place but websites start getting censored because we get offended by what they say, next will be news outlets, TV, etc. and we'll get to a point where nobody can say anything bad about anyone else.
You're mistaking free speech with hate speech. Hate speech isn't censored - it's contained. Because if it runs rampant, people die.

Hate speech breeds fascism. Fascism kills. Fascism kills because hate speech normalises the idea that people should die because of who they are.

I'm not the one saying this. It was literally the fucking Holocaust.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's really sad..

He said "Arakawa ward" in a supposed e-mail sent to the administrator of that site.

I suppose I could let that police know of a possible death. We have a photo.. no name or address--Arakawa is still densely populated. Even if the police investigated, we wouldn't hear the result.

Last edited by tabzer,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed like he was also involved in a lot of good translations for games. Poor guy, I wish he'd gotten some better help to prevent this.

If everyone dropped social media the world would be a better place.
Yes, these social media giants have way too much power and need to be put down now. Section 230 needs to be revoked. It'd be nice if the FBI would investigate this anc charged would be filed, but them and other agencies are completely useless and can't even track down shit if it came from their own ass they're so
As a mental health professional
Well, that's worrying.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't yall just leave him alone. :(
Rest in Peace near. You were an amazing individual who devoted thousands of hours to making a high accuracy emulator when all we had was zsnes and snes 9x.
You will be sorely missed by many and it will haunt me to never seen a bsnes update again. :(

Reactions: Henx

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're mistaking free speech with hate speech. Hate speech isn't censored - it's contained. Because if it runs rampant, people die.

Hate speech breeds fascism. Fascism kills. Fascism kills because hate speech normalises the idea that people should die because of who they are.

I'm not the one saying this. It was literally the fucking Holocaust.
Kiwi farms, along with many other things, are unwittingly tinkering on the edge of obliteration. It doesn't take much, it doesn't take many people. It can take one person. For instance, look at alllll the things behind the website. They use cloudflare, for goodness sake. Payment processors, etc. That "yandex" shit might be foreign based, but they have ties to AMERICAN companies, vectors vectors everywhere. So many vectors, hey everyone, if you don't like kiwifarms, check out these VECTORS

https://builtwith.com/detailed/kiwifarms.net

Reactions: otakuloser

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Calling someone an idiot online isn't hate speech. There's a huge difference between hate speech and "something somebody said that offends me". Hitler making speeches inciting violence and detention of Jews was hate speech. A bunch of random people talking about somebody's weird online antics is not hate speech.
I don't see how this has anything to do with "business," it's a bunch of no-lifers breaking the law. Nor do I see any potential for a slippery slope here.

Bit of a ridiculous comparison, this is way beyond a little biting gossip. It was literally years of round-the-clock harassment. Which is something that's already illegal, it's only enforcement of those laws that's been too lax.
It's business because by arbitrarily deciding to drop websites for no reason other than people got offended hurts their credibility. It also gives everyone a reason to request things that offend them get censored.

And what goes on at KiwiFarms might not meet the requirements to legally be harassment where they're based. Unless the website is actually actively encouraging people to directly harass the people they talk about on there while unpleasant may not be breaking any actual laws.
The fbi cant do a shit in this case.Lets be honest why sites like 8chan,4chan and kiwifarms exists?.Those websites need some kind of money to build up on the internet and surely will be donations from bitcoin.Thats the why the fbi cant do anything. Bitcoin cant be searched.Other thing to note i bet there is a doxxings jobs from Kiwifarms forums hidden to local public.There is no way doing doxxing with no reason must be monetary to do it and someone pay to do it.Someone near to dave hate him so much...

Note: Doxxing its ilegal in many countries and if you get caught prepare to go to the jail. That why im saying doxxing with no reason...must be monetary. For example Ralph lives in USA, hate a woman named Sakura in Japan.He is doing harrasment online and recollect information of the victim.When Sakura goes offline, pay someone in Japan to doxx her.
In order for the FBI to be able to do anything the website needs to be operating out of the US or be involved in some sort of crime in the US where it's possible to extradite the site owner. So even if they wanted to shut it down they might not be able to.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Calling someone an idiot online isn't hate speech. There's a huge difference between hate speech and "something somebody said that offends me". Hitler making speeches inciting violence and detention of Jews was hate speech. A bunch of random people talking about somebody's weird online antics is not hate speech.
Having a website to explicitly harass people absolutely is hate speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.