Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tragic and upsetting. I didn't know them personally but they're obviously a big name who contributed a huge amount to the field of emulation. I've actually recently used a bit of their colour correction code for gba in development of my jam entry for the gbajam which is currently running.

We do need to figure out how to stamp out this toxicity from the online community.

Reactions: osaka35

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something needs to be done. Kiwi Farm needs to be removed from the net. One way or another.
Very sad to hear the devastating news....

I was bullied too by many homebrew "devs" from the IRC days and nearly doxxed me (well tried),
so i know how it is and i'm very sorry for his lost.... hope he's finally in peace now and never have to worry forever.

Last edited by Impossible_Igntiz,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people that do this sort of thing. What's worse is they're so disconnected from reality, they'll celebrate the murder. I cannot understand it. Even younger people who haven't mentally developed enpugh to appreciate their actions gave consequences, even they should understand how and why this is wrong.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we live in a messed and fucked up world. i was picked on my self through my teen years but taking abuse from the internet i can take. but the poor guy did not need to go that way... for you ass holes who made him take this route to the after life go fuck your selfs.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sounds ominous. If I killed myself over any random toxic retard I met online, I would be Kenny for South Park. The guy prolly was emotionally unstable as is. Depression, neurosis, etc. Which doesn't really take the blame from the bully.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have many problems with this.
The first one is: How someone can take it's own life due Internet bullying?
Is that a thing now?

I've heard of people being bullied in real life (I was bullied at school as a kid) and yet I was taught to defend myself because nobody did it for me, even teachers bullied me for as long as highschool graduation.

I really don't understand how a person can decide to end it's life thanks to the Internet. I'm honestly scratching my head how something like this can happen.

Second problem: How hard was to stay away of such sites?

Last edited by JuanMena,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been bullied my whole school life, I do know how he felt
I was often thinking about suicide and I'm glad bullying stopped after school
I didn't experienced REAL online bullying, but I know how he felt
R.I.P. Near, I hope you may finally find peace

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since I'm autistic too, that's a good advice to me to stay away from kiwifarm

LeddaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
leddaz.github.io
XP
Country
Italy
I have many problems with this.
The first one is: How someone can take it's own life due Internet bullying?
Is that a thing now?

I've heard of people being bullied in real life (I was bullied at school as a kid) and yet I was taught to defend myself because nobody dis for me, even teachers bullied me for as long as highschool graduation.

I really don't understand how a person can decide to end it's life thanks to the Internet. I'm honestly scratching my head how something like this can happen.
No, it's not a thing now, it's been a thing since social networks were born. Cyberbulling is not that different from real life bullying, in most cases you don't know what can you do against someone you have never even seen in person. It can happen and it has happened multiple times.

Second problem: How hard was to stay away of such sites?
These people don't stop here, they try go after you in real life as soon as they find out your name or where you live. The Internet is a dangerous place.

Last edited by LeddaZ,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fuck Kiwifarms! I know so many people who have been victims of that site, one of which is dear friend of mine that is still struggling to piece their life together because of unrelenting harassment they’ve had to deal with. They had to change their phone number, emails, social media, and yet are still dealing with the occasional abuse as someone from that site is always finding their accounts. It’s fucked up and people on Kiwifarms are horrible people that only seek to harm others. Fuck that site and fuck anyone who uses it. I can’t even imagine just many other victims came from this that site. I am so pissed off right now to see that they’ve killed someone! Near didn’t deserve any abuse they got and I hate knowing that the bastards who killed them are still out there making other’s lives a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans