Suggestions on converting or loading NES/SNES/Sega ROM's from ZIP on Homebrew Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tateconcepts, Jan 28, 2017.

1. tateconcepts
    OP

tateconcepts Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Hello all,

I have a ton of really great ROM's that I have played over the years and would like to use these on the Wii/Wii U platform. I'm annoyed because I had these on the Wii some time ago and removed them because I was having all sorts of hell once I took the Wii out of the closet (since I have a Wii U). I believe I originally had these in WAD files because I could use them within USB Loader GX directly, regardless of platform. Sadly, I do not have these WAD files but I do however - have a ton of ZIP files to use. I do not want to mess around with emulators, it's enough already to get my wife and kids through the Homebrew Channel then to USB Loader GX or whatever. Can I just buy these WAD's (I'm serious here, I got kids so I have cash) OR does anyone have any suggestions on converting or easily injecting these WAD files?

P.S. I did a quick search for this and came across someone doing a PITA job of injecting these on Windows Vista with now almost defunct versions of Visual Basic redists. I know the Wii is 10 years old too but I don't want to deal with spending 15-30 minutes of my work day to convert/inject a single WAD. If someone has a more modern method or a purchase method that can be used as I see fit, then any suggestions would be totally awesome!

Thanks everyone!
    B

2. Shawn ShyGuy

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    I can't link any, cause I'll get b&, but you can find VC wads out there. That, or buy them off the official Wii Shop Channel. It's still active and there won't be any problem running it on a modified Wii.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, dont purchase unofficial WADs. Only purchase legit WADs from nintendo directly through the Wii Shop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice