Homebrew Suggestions on converting or loading NES/SNES/Sega ROM's from ZIP on Homebrew Wii

tateconcepts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have a ton of really great ROM's that I have played over the years and would like to use these on the Wii/Wii U platform. I'm annoyed because I had these on the Wii some time ago and removed them because I was having all sorts of hell once I took the Wii out of the closet (since I have a Wii U). I believe I originally had these in WAD files because I could use them within USB Loader GX directly, regardless of platform. Sadly, I do not have these WAD files but I do however - have a ton of ZIP files to use. I do not want to mess around with emulators, it's enough already to get my wife and kids through the Homebrew Channel then to USB Loader GX or whatever. Can I just buy these WAD's (I'm serious here, I got kids so I have cash) OR does anyone have any suggestions on converting or easily injecting these WAD files?

P.S. I did a quick search for this and came across someone doing a PITA job of injecting these on Windows Vista with now almost defunct versions of Visual Basic redists. I know the Wii is 10 years old too but I don't want to deal with spending 15-30 minutes of my work day to convert/inject a single WAD. If someone has a more modern method or a purchase method that can be used as I see fit, then any suggestions would be totally awesome!

Thanks everyone!
B

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
I can't link any, cause I'll get b&, but you can find VC wads out there. That, or buy them off the official Wii Shop Channel. It's still active and there won't be any problem running it on a modified Wii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, dont purchase unofficial WADs. Only purchase legit WADs from nintendo directly through the Wii Shop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night