Suggestions for the next GBAtemp Awards

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Luse, Jun 7, 2004.

Jun 7, 2004
  1. Luse
    OP

Banned Luse Now with more MOOSE!!!

Well the Awards have come and gone, some of you were happy with how it went, some of you weren't. The only way to improve what worked and what didn't is to take this directly to you guys and ask you what you'd like to see added or removed from the next GBAtemp Awards...

2. mole_incarnate

Former Staff mole_incarnate Watermelon!

Australia
    I dont think we should have it at all, after all, we are all equal in the end.

3. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    is not that bad the thing.

one thing you have to do for sure is separating members and mods in the categories. it's likely that mods are voted for instead of members, especially because they are better known... and... who knows... because of their bulgy badges [​IMG]

4. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Yeah a few members suggested that and I'd have to agree with them. There is a best mod award I suppose and some generic awards such as Funniest Poster/Best Sig + Ava but awards such as Nicest Member and Member of the Year should probably become member only awards in the future.

5. KotaInka2

Member KotaInka2 Fanboy Educator

United States
    Exactly, nobody stands a chance against the mighty Stormwind from the west. Besides, whether anyone wants to admit it, mods and members really are two very separate categories. That "I'm a member too" crap doesn't really float, because as a mod, you have the power to silence a member should you so choose, which gives you more presence. So, yeah. Mods shouldn't be in the same categories as members when at all possible.

And for my next suggestion, I'm going to challenge your ability to be open minded, before you shoot it down that is....Who should be made a mod? My nomination--Jumpman. [​IMG]

6. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    We have had discussions about the possibility of new mods and we decided that for the moment no new mods are needed. Notice how i said for the moment. That could change in the future, possibily once the DS draws closer to release or is actually released, but these things don't have easy answers, plus i probably shouldn't say much about it either so this is all your getting from me.

7. gba2002

Member gba2002 GBA SP Masta

Australia
    I think we should have a runner up prize this time. If all the awards were blue, maybe theirs can be silver.

I kind of feel sorry for shaun. he got runner up for alot of things, i think 2 or 3 times and got nothing.

Seperate cateogories is a good idea and i hope we can see that in the future. As you can see the only normal person winning was cruddy buddy i think.

8. fireworkz

Member fireworkz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I think this is a good idea to help improve the quality of this site.
    However, Mods should be excluded from it(after all they are Mods and have reached the post for a reason) and it should be based on regular members.
    Just a thought.
    Take Care,
    [​IMG]

9. Skelv_tnt

Member Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Hey you speak about mods as if they were from another world! [​IMG]