Gaming Suggestions for Nintendo 3DS games for someone who's played up to Gamecube games?

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gifting an A9LH'ed and Luma3DS new nintendo 3DS XL with a 64 gb card to my fiancee this Christmas after promising her one for a while. I'm looking for suggestions for games to put on her card/system.

So far I have:
MH Generations
Fantasy Life
Super Smash Bros + amiibo cards
LoZ Ocarina of Time
LoZ A Link Between Worlds
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Mario Kart 7
Harvest Moon Skytree Village
Xenoblade Chronicles.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe one of the new Pokemon games, and if she likes RPGs bravely default is a really nice gsme

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You honestly haven't given us much to work with here. Her genre preferences would be more helpful than the last console she's played games on. If she likes Zelda games (you have a couple on your list) don't forget Majora's Mask 3D.

As for RPGs, there are plenty of Shin Megami Tensei games on 3DS; the Devil Survivor games are overall the easiest (if she's never played the series before - it's well-known for being challenging), but are SRPGs, and very unlike most of the rest of the series. SMT IV is a relatively typical of the series, and once you get past the difficult first dungeon, it gets somewhat easier, so it might also be a good choice. Bravely Default and Bravely Second are also solid RPG choices. There's also Dragon Quest VII, one of my favorite Dragon Quest games, but beware the long opening. For monster collecting enthusiasts, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D has a complete translation patch, if you're interested in patching a ROM yourself. There are two Fire Emblem games for SRPG lovers; Awakening and Fates (which comes in two flavors itself). Etrian Odyssey is also fun, if a bit punishing, and there are something like four EO games on 3DS; EO IV, EO Untold, EO Untold II, and Etrian Mystery Dungeon. And in that vein, there's also Persona Q, although I don't recommend that one unless she's played Persona 3 and/or 4 (or at least is familiar with the characters and plots, through a Let's Play or the animes or something similar).

I see you have a Harvest Moon game on that list; Rune Factory 4 combines traditional RPG mechanics with Harvest Moon-style farming simulation, and even a bit of monster collection.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install majora mask over fantasy life (that game disapoibted me ) and some emulators like picodrive. I also dont see luigi mansion darkmoon which is a great game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over