Hardware Suggestions for Accessories

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my nintendo switch in the mail today, after playing it a few hours (And getting used to those joy con..... switch dock sliding habit.... not really, release button so small) I noticed i may need some accessories to preserve is freshness. For one like maybe a screen face plate for scratches or fingerprints in case of touch screens, also maybe something to carry it in or any other useful tools.

So I just want opinions on anyone who already has some for their recommendations for Budget affordable optional accessories to help preserve the system and save it a trip to nintendo for service repairs, so i hope any info here can help others as well.

I must point out that for some reason, this uses a touch screen like the previous systems but did not include a stylus for some reason so that is a wonder to me.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
The first thing I'd want to get is a carry case & a stand, most likely from a third-party unlicensed manufacturer via ebay or similar. I'd use my existing ebay capacitive stylus when it makes sense to use it (all-plastic, no metal). Since I am only buying Switch version 2.0 or later, I have some years to plan for this, lol.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how mobile you want to go with it. From the drop test video recently posted the plastic screen not likely to crack but can get nicked up. I bought the AmFilm 2 pack of glass screen protectors for $8 or 9 bucks on Amazon and it went on well. The cutouts were perfect I and think I got it within a .5mm of centered.

If you are mostly portable only there is a silicone sleeve that covers the tablet portion on Amazon, but doesn't look like it will dock well. Also the silicone Joyless Con sleeves I think are worth a try. They take most of the brunt in drops.

Thumb typing on it is awkward due to the width but without a browser beyond initial setup I don't see much of that.

If you don't carry a backpack/man purse around then maybe a larger case would be good otherwise just a standard one that has an accessory pouch behind the flap should be sufficient. $10-15 on Amazon. I have the one that came with BotW SE and I question the durability of all the raised decorations.

Every time you pass an optical dept in the store ask for a microfiber cloth they usually will just give you one. Don't use them to long because the grit they collect will scratch.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tempered glass screen protector, ordered mine and not using the dock until I get the screen protector installed.

USB Power Bank and game case would be my next purchases.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your going to need some fresh duds for all the rooftop parties and skate parks you will have the fortune to attend now that you have a Switch.

Bose makes these really sweet Bluetooth headphones...oh wait.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its what I'm using. What were the issues?
Someone said the quality was bad, but then again it was someone, not that i would know, for $8 and official license, it seem like a good idea. Maybe the idea was from previous experience other than actually buying it and using it?:unsure:
The first thing i will buy is a case, a 128GB sd card and a glass screen protector
Why choose glass? Also i was thinking of a case as well since i don't want to collect dust, but mostly for carrying around. I want my system protected. MUST PROTECT THE PRECIOUS :creep:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I actually just ordered the amfilm (I think) glass 2 pack. I've always preferred the feel of glass to that of plastic and it's less prone to damage.

But.. I got my screen protector with my case (pdp).. It works.. Installation sucked... But it works.

Last edited by Kioku,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does it also fit in the dock?
this is nice case if you can get it again look for it on your amazon/gamestop
https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-swi...h-Premium-Console-Case---Zelda-Edition-Switch
Is this case durable? Does it fit with the joycons on or off?

for sd card a cheap sandisk 128gb will do. you don't need the fancy pansy expensive ones.
So what is the price range for a SD card, i wouldn't wanna buy a fake one for that "too good to be true" price tag.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So does it also fit in the dock?
yes it's Screen Protector with 9H Hardness rating & 0.24mm thickness
Is this case durable? Does it fit with the joycons on or off?
yes it's a soft material case but the switch fits inside snug in a little pouch no way it would move once the case is closed. the pouch is elastic too so it snaps around it. here's pic with switch and joycons snug inside. i even picked it up and gave it a real good shake than opened it and it never moved :P
DSCN0307.jpg

for sd card not sure about usa but the place i get mine from is on ebay from trusted seller: pc.byte

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for sd card not sure about usa but the place i get mine from is on ebay from trusted seller: pc.byte
Just another reason why buying games at retail is still a option, cause if things went full digital, Giga bytes upon gigabytes of data to store for these games and many storage devices needed. Honestly i don't think they intended for one person to buy every single game sold on digital service for the combine file sizes these games are using, while nintendo games aren't known for using very large file sizes, is still unknown if a switch game may be bigger one day, so my honest opinion is the digital games were meant for just the indie devs since their games aren't huge projects that have lots of data that would fit on most systems. :P

Also i want a case that protects from dust and shock buffer drop damage, and screen protector that fits with the dock.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The obvious accessory: a way to connect the pro controller to the tablet (making it somewhat akin to the first nvidia shield).
Why is this necessary? It's got a 40 hour battery life and you can charge it easily with the included C to A cable. It connects via bluetooth to the tablet, even while handheld.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why is this necessary? It's got a 40 hour battery life and you can charge it easily with the included C to A cable. It connects via bluetooth to the tablet, even while handheld.
I don't want it because I want either one charging the other but because it'd be easier to hold. This whole "you can use the stand to put the switch on the coffee table" is all and well but looks like it can fall down at any second. Then there's the fact that you don't always have a coffee table nearby (on a commuting train, for example), or that external factors may interfere (it may sound stupid, but I've got a dog over here...my estimate is that a switch at that position will be left unsniffed/unbitten for at most ten seconds).

@Bladexdsl : I obviously know about that. But those joycons seem awfully small to me, and they lack a D-pad. Granted: if nintendo would release joycons with larger buttons and D-pad, that'd be even better, but a 20 bucks 3D-printed model in this sort of style would be good enough. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi