suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by her122, Oct 31, 2002.

Oct 31, 2002

suggestion by her122 at 3:37 PM (727 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. her122
    OP

her122 Newbie

Just an idea......would a FAQ pages help? You could look at what people are asking about the most and put it all on a seperate page. As well as any other info that would helpful to people. Like about roms and emulators and flash and renamers and FTPs.........and just whatever.

Just an idea.....

2. Sinned

Member Sinned GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    good idea [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Vince989

Former Staff Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    The idea itself can be "good", but there's a problem : making loads of FAQs available here would be a LOT of job the site admins... And who would care anyways? It's a known fact that the best FAQs are available on www.gamefaqs.com , and not all the authors want their FAQ available on other sites too, so... [​IMG]

- ViNcE989

4. fluffykiwi

Member fluffykiwi GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    not faq about games but a FAQ about the site, rules, how to use emulator, bios, how to flash carts and common problems.
    Just saves on the repeat posts.
    IE read FAQ before posting questions.

5. Vince989

Former Staff Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Yep, that's, in my opinion, a really good idea. This way, the newbies will need to ask a lot less questions, and it will reduce the number of easy posts like "How can I unzip a file?" or "How can I download this rom?"... (This was NO pun, it was just 2 examples that struck in my head...) Having easy to read FAQs, along with images, will make it a lot easier to understand for the new people around here...

I'd even be willing to write some faqs for "How to flash", or an in-depth "How to use PogoShell", the most useful GBA Software... [​IMG]

- ViNcE989