Suggestion: show your own reports

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by shadowmanwkp, Oct 20, 2011.

?

Is it a good idea?

1. yup, sounds good

75.0%
  2. Not really, maybe if were to be executed differently

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, the way it is is good

25.0%
  1. shadowmanwkp
    OP

shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Apr 17, 2008
    Netherlands
    Vleuten, The Netherlands
    I report every now and then, but sometimes I totally forget what I reported again, or I want to see if something has been done with the report ('cause I know I sometimes file them a tad too quickly >.>"). I know the moderators get the reports as a message in the mod cp, and that it also shows who has reported. So in a sense you should be able to filter out reports by member and show it back to them. Another way to do this is to send out an automatic PM when somebody filed a report. I don't really know if this is doable, considering the fact that some might spam reports, increasing the server load.

Just giving my two cents here, I really want to know what other people think about it.

2. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    I think it would be more trouble than it's worth...but if you forget you've reported something, you might need a better memory. :P
    If you report something twice, it gets filtered to the same place anyway, so it's not too much clutter, while if you want to know if a report has been handled, you'll probably notice if anything changes. If you don't notice a change, then chances are it was very minor or wasn't seen to be a problem, and if you do see a big change, it'll be obvious enough.

Plus there's all the difficulty I'd imagine there would be getting one part of the MCP visible to specific users. Sending a PM, maybe easier, but maybe still too much bother.

3. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Sound like a good idea, I voted yes, still I think it would not be that necessary.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Sounds good.

But I don't really see a point into seeing back the reported posts.