Hacking [Suggestion]Revert EMUNAND from 8.0.1 to previous version.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So there, fellow tempers, I've accidently updated my emunand to 8.0.1. No, I didn't do it on purpose since I know it's 100% black screen. All I did was transfer Splatoon 2 Update locally from my daughter's switch to play with her locally. And guess what? Yup, mine got updated too.
Sysnand is also 8.0.1, in case it's important.
Anyway, I decided not to sit on my bud awaiting for sxos update but to take action instead. I'll try to downgrade my emunand back to 7.0.1.
Things I have is:
1)good old 6.2.0 emunand dump (separate files) and corresponding BOOT0/1.
2)non-bootable emunand 8.0.1 - with saves and games I want to keep.
3)Hacdiskmount, FW 7.0.1 files, Choidujour - all the latest versions.
4)Keys, dumped with Biskeydump on 8.0.1 FW.
5)Windows PC.

What I actually asking here is some sort of roadmap. The way I see it, there's two ways of reverting back, depending on whether we have previous backup or not. In this particular case - yes, I do have a backup, but it's outdated and I'd keep my saves and games if possible, so I'd like to take a harder but more complex and universal route - without a backup - cause it will come in handy for other users who has/will update their emunand accidently.
In my opinion, steps to take is the following:
1. Move emunand files to PC. Merge them in a single nand file with either batch command or some other sort of a tool.
2. Prepare 7.0.1 files for console using Choidujour and keys.
3. Open emunand with HacDiskMount and transfer 7.0.1 console-ready files into it. Modify BOOT0/1 of emunand accordingly.
4. Split single emunand file back to fat32-sized pieces and try to boot.
What I need to know here is exact packages/partitions/files that I need to transfer on stage 3.
Thank you in advance, dear Tempers!

D

Deleted User

Way I do it

Downgrade or update to 7.01 with ChoiDujourNXv101

Create emunand and boot both sides to make sure all is good

Update to 8.01 with sysnand

You can also update your emunand with ChoiDujourNXv101 to 7.01 as this has worked for me with a 6.x emunand

Tx has been extremely slow with updates lately. Wonder whats up.

Reactions: iriez

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's not an option for me, as I actually looking for way to restore emunand with all the content saved.

Anyway, I'm kinda stuck here trying to build FW 701 with my keys, because apparently ChoiDujour and hactool refuse to work with 7.0.1.
I guess it'll take extra steps.

D

Deleted User

That's not an option for me, as I actually looking for way to restore emunand with all the content saved.

Anyway, I'm kinda stuck here trying to build FW 701 with my keys, because apparently ChoiDujour and hactool refuse to work with 7.0.1.

ChoiDujour doesn't need keys and always works

Update emunand if you don't want to rebuild like stated above

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't mix Choidujour and ChoidujourNX here, it's completely different.
Also, you didn't catch the whole purpose of my efforts. I care not about myself only, but for the others who stuck in such situation without emunand being backed up.

Reactions: Draxzelex

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

You can restore just the eMMC SYS and boot0/boot1 to downgrade without losing data.
But if you don't have an eMMC SYS backup you need to extract eMMC RAW somehow so you can avoid restoring the user partition.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Dark Ronin
D

Deleted User

Also, you didn't catch the whole purpose of my efforts. I care not about myself only, but for the others who stuck in such situation without emunand being backed up.

Yeah different

You were given both solutions

1 with no emunand

1 with

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This deserves to be bumped because people don't know the difference yet they are able to type out the name which isn't easy in of itself. I mean if you're willing to type this weird French name, it wouldn't kill you to add 2 extra letters at the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1