Suggestion/Question about loading Gamecube backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nintynuts, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Nintynuts

Newcomer Nintynuts Member

Mar 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Like many people, I cant wait for someone to crack the way to run Gamecube software in Wii mode or allow The Gamecube to access the USB socked so we can load from HDDs.

However (as I am fully aware) Gamecube games have to be loaded from the disc because that's all the Wii thinks exists when it runs them.

So this got me thinking, Wii is basically Gamecube 1.5 in terms of function and even homebrew is written in the same way for both. so why cant gamecube games be run in wii mode?

My first investigation was into the contents of both Twilight Princess on the Wii and Gamecube using WiiScrubber and GC-Tool Respectively and their contents is almost identical

Also, a large portion of the Wii's ISO header is identical in structure to the Gamecubes.

So why not convert Gamecube games into Wii games, at least in terms of the container for the resources.

Obviously Wii controls would not work as they haven't been coded in, but surely Nintendo would have left the similar functions available in Gamecube mode the same in wii mode (Controller access etc.)

Now I realise this would be no easy task, but I'm curious to know if it's a path anyone's considered or even developing right now.

Of course it's entirely possible I've completely made the wrong assumption about something here, so feel free to point that out (as long as you know what you're talking about)