[Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Scarecrow B, Oct 20, 2017.

1. BionicGecko

BionicGecko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    So today I went out and bought a PS4 pro. First off I would like to give a big thanks to @arnes_king - I was set to buy a White Glacier model, and it turned out to be the exact same model as the one you got, so I passed on that one. Your misfortune made the fortune of a fellow forum lurker, if that’s any consolation :)

In the end I found a lone Destiny 2 bundle for sale in a random shop out of town - possibly the last one on sale in the whole country. And cheap too - liquidating the old stock ;) I just powered it on now, it’s on 4.70 as it should be. That was a well-invested 3 hours on the train :)

Anyway thanks all for this thread, it’s very helpful!

arnes_king and KiiWii like this.
  2. Neso91

Neso91 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of

It is 4.55.

3. reeven

reeven Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Romania
    Salut, i could buy an console today, but im not 100% if its on older firmware.
    Anyone could help me?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    ody likes this.
  5. reeven

reeven Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Romania
    I dont know D/C and without that you cant find anything.

6. Mo Poge

Mo Poge GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    My local Walmart finally got some PS4 Pros in stock. They are standalone and the box art on the front looks fairly plain (can't see the back of the box).

The part number appears to be new: CUH-7215B . I'm guessing this is 5.50+, but the PSIDENT tool thinks it could be as low as 3.70???

7. BionicGecko

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    Not sure what you mean - by inputting your part number (P-27452506-D) I get some relevant info:

[4.73] REPORTED WITH PRO CONSOLE: [CUH-7116B-B01Y]
    [5.50] REPORTED WITH PRO FORTNITE CONSOLE: [CUH-7116B-B01Y]

So if it's not a Fortnite bundle it looks like it could be ok.

In my opinion, for this model number the chances of it being < 5.05 is very low.

Mo Poge likes this.
  8. arnes_king

arnes_king Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Glad that I helped you. Actually, now I am happy that it was on higher firmware. If it was hackable, I would still be on 5.05 with no possibility of playing newer games. Now I am over it and playing the new games I desired. Happy gaming to everyone.

9. BionicGecko

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    I read you my friend - have had this thing for a week and a half now, and to be honest, with no online access at all, no PSN+, no automatic updates, no RDR2, I feel I'm kind of missing out. Old games are quite cheap when bought used anyway - might sell that thing to someone who sees more value in this than I do.

10. myntebuu

myntebuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2008
    Canada
    Anyone know what firmware the PS4-PRO-4K-WHITE comes in?

11. BionicGecko

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    If it's a recent one, with a pic of Ronaldo on the back, then it's 5.50. I recommend you read a few pages back in the thread, there is a discussion about this very model.

12. Victorman

Victorman Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Australia
    Hi all

My first post here.

I have my hands on a PS4 Days of Play and from what I have been reading in this topic, it's going to be a 5.07. But I rather buy a cheaper console if I have the option (deals and stuff). Do you guys think I should get this, or should I wait for black Friday and find a console for much much cheaper? So I guess what I'm asking is, how probable is it to find a console on black Friday with 5.07 or lower?

I also have the option of buying a PS4 Uncharted edition which is definitely 3.55. But the downside of this one is, that it is a fat PS4 which is being sold for the price of a Slim.

One more question, does anyone know what firmware does the Slim 500GB glacier white come with?

Any ideas on what's the best decision?

P.S: Just to give you an idea of what the prices are here:

A standard ps4 slim: $430
    The days of play edition: $440
    The uncharted edition: $430

P.S.2: Also, I should note that although everyone here had 5.07 on their Days of Play, it is still not guaranteed.

Thank you.

Last edited by Victorman, Nov 7, 2018
  13. michel242

michel242 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    Netherlands
    i bought a Playstation 4 Pro Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront 2 "new in box" should i be oke with the firmware?

CUH-7116B BZJY
    P-27452534-E
    S01-5663161-E

Last edited by michel242, Nov 8, 2018
  14. BionicGecko

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    According to this Wikipedia page you should be fine (should be 4.70):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_models

This being said, you may want to run the serial number through KiiWii's tool to be sure (it's linked to multiple times in the last few pages of this thread).

15. Victorman

Victorman Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Australia
    Anyone?

16. Akhawi

Akhawi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Sweden
    Hi all, i have 2 questions. PS4 Pro no matter what it say on the box all kan get the 4K to work right?
    And the 2 question is i bought a PS4 frome mediamarkt here in sweden that i think should have low FW on it anyone know? I have looked on ps4 site where you put in the serial nr and such and it show ok bellow 4.70. But anyone here that could confirm, so noob at that :/

CUH-7016B B01Y
    P-27452400-6
    S01-6276905-L

Thanks in advanced
    /Akhawi

17. Victorman

Victorman Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Australia
    I can answer you first question and leave the second to others: Yes, all PS4 Pros are 4K capable.

18. Akhawi

Akhawi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Sweden
    Thx :). yup i will look out if anyone know the answer to my other question :)

19. Akhawi

Akhawi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Sweden
    PS: And it dose not have the 4K HDR on first side of the box eather.

20. BionicGecko

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    The longer you wait the lower the chance. Not sure where you live but where I am they are already pretty hard to come by in shops. After Black Friday I think it should be pretty much impossible, as all shops will offload their old stock.

That's totally a personal decision (I prefer the look of the fat one myself), but you may have a harder time selling a fat PS4 than a slim one down the line.

Those in the shops right now are likely 5.55.

I don't know anything about this specific bundle, but if there's a risk it doesn't come with 5.07 you may want to take the safer route. Also please note that 5.07 is a tricky firmware, as there is no recovery firmware for it - if something goes wrong and you mess up your system with homebrew, you'll have to update to >5.07.

In my opinion CUH-7016B is pretty much guaranteed to have 4.70 or lower.

Victorman likes this.