Hacking [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just bought a ps4 slim 1 Tb and it came with 4.70. I don't know what to do with this? Keep or update? I've never at all stayed in touch with the ps4 hacking scene so I am not sure what to do here exactly.
General rule is never update, but at this point and for 4.70 I'd say just update it.

Hey guys, what's the difference between these two Uncharted bundles? Do they both come in 4.05 or lower firmware?
I think one is the EUR bundle and the other is the USA bundle (you can tell by the rating symbol, orange one is for EUR). They should be below 4.05.

what are the differnce between the different models/frames (aka B, D, E .... ) ?
ex:
D Slim CUH2016B
C-Chassis CUH-1216A
That letter indicates HD capacity
A -> 500GB (in initial series) / B -> 1000GB (since 11xx/12xx series)
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/SKU_Models

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and to the PS4 community.

I have bought this bundle: PS4 Slim 1To + Uncharted The Last Legacy + Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection... and I will receive it this wednesday.

Could you please tell me on which firmware it could have? and because of the recent date release of the Lost Legacy, should I expect a +4.73 firmware? I am really disappointed :(

Please help guys.
Almost guaranteed recent firmware.

mhamd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
today I get PS4 Uncharted collection bundle as new from Amazon third party seller

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

what do you think?

is this new or hard used?

I contacted Amazon support and he say you can get full refund

so what your opinion ? it is really new ? or just get full refund and find another PS4

sorry for bad english

Last edited by mhamd,

Kidades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My box was in the same or even worse condition than that and it turned out to be brand new.

Can you check if the inner box is in similar condition? That one should be intact.

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today I get PS4 Uncharted collection bundle as new from Amazon third party seller

View attachment 106979 View attachment 106980 View attachment 106981 View attachment 106982 View attachment 106983 View attachment 106984 View attachment 106985

what do you think?

is this new or hard used?

I contacted Amazon support and he say you can get full refund

so what your opinion ? it is really new ? or just get full refund and find another PS4

sorry for bad english

Look, I've got this one through Amazon (from Electronic-Service in Germany) and is brand new and comes with firmware 3.15 !!

https://www.amazon.it/PlayStation-K...pID=41ZbYJPiNnL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Apparently, they still have 9 left.

It is sold through Amazon Prime, so you can safely return it if you open it and are not satisfied.

Last edited by satelman,

mhamd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My box was in the same or even worse condition than that and it turned out to be brand new.

Can you check if the inner box is in similar condition? That one should be intact.
I checked the inner box as I can (it is difficult) and I think it look as new condition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Look, I've got this one through Amazon (from Electronic-Service in Germany) and is brand new and comes with firmware 3.15 !!

Apparently, they still have 9 left.

It is sold through Amazon Prime, so you can safely return it if you are not satisfied.

I am confused but if I will return it and find another PS4 this will be my first choice. thanks brother

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it on that FW, we might see something for 5.01
I also just bought the ps4 slim and it's on 4.70. Not sure if I should update or not. If something comes out for 5.01, that means firmwares lower should be good to go as well, right? How long have these 5.01 rumors been surfacing? Are they rumors and will we see something soon do you think?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I also just bought the ps4 slim and it's on 4.70. Not sure if I should update or not. If something comes out for 5.01, that means firmwares lower should be good to go as well, right? How long have these 5.01 rumors been surfacing? Are they rumors and will we see something soon do you think?
Since the PS4 was launched, only one exploit was publicly released. For 1.76. Everything else was (is) just vaporware. So don't get your hopes up until at least the PS6 comes out.

For example, the PS3 "SuperSlim" still doesn't have CFW.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 confirmed kernel exploit at 4.55 and 5.0, so unlikely & logically the developers would spend time to find vulnerabilities on 4.70. So in people's opinions, update latest firmware should be fine in this case.

4.5 & 5.0 kernel exploit was confirmed to be found on Wololo for few months now. However, release ain't specifically stated. 4.05 exploited already fully & publicly detailed, for months too, yet implementation for end user is still taking time before a release.

Then a certain hacker is rumored to be hacked and kernel exploit being leaked. This may mean piracy for 5.0 may be possible sooner. However, this may hinder the homebrew scene as developers may be discouraged and didn't support the scene as much, even for 4.05. Piracy alone is dumb as you know you are restricted to offline gaming. Going online without the homebrew protection (even though not 100% ban proof) is suicidal and some games ain't the same without online multiplaying mode

Since the PS4 was launched, only one exploit was publicly released. For 1.76. Everything else was (is) just vaporware. So don't get your hopes up until at least the PS6 comes out.

For example, the PS3 "SuperSlim" still doesn't have CFW.

:wacko:

The reason PS3 & Vita ain't interesting the developer because Sony made its hard for game developers to make games thus PS3 & Vita game library ain't attractive. Buyers rather bought XBOX 360 and smart phone or different type of gaming with 3DS (Vita ain't having much exclusive game to play anyways). Sony stopped being hippy with PS4 thus they won against XBOX One. Mainstream and homebrew developers pay more interest in PS4.

Last edited by tivu100,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dude, they're always "on the cusp" of something. They always have been, every few months or so, since the PS4 was launched.

But nothing concrete, nothing solid was ever released (apart from the 1.76 thing, 3 years later after that firmware came out), and they're always blowing smoke up people's ass.

The PS4 "scene" has always been about "look at what I can do and you can't". It's gonna be a sad Christmas this year too.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, they're always "on the cusp" of something. They always have been, every few months or so, since the PS4 was launched.

But nothing concrete, nothing solid was ever released (apart from the 1.76 thing, 3 years later after that firmware came out), and they're always blowing smoke up people's ass.

The PS4 "scene" has always been about "look at what I can do and you can't". It's gonna be a sad Christmas this year too.
This is gonna go off topic too much for this thread, so I make it short here and if you want further discussion, bring it else where.

4.05 exploit is detailed. Those with ability to implement would have been working on it. Just because SOME random end users ain't seeing release doesn't mean there is nothing solid info being released, and/or there is no work behind the scene to push a release at some convenient time.

Being nitpicking, the first heard PS4 hack was in 2014 (Brazillian exploit).

Last edited by tivu100,

bangerzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Guys, I am on 4.73 and I want to update to 5.01 to play online... should I do it? did 5.01 patched Luca's 5.0 kernel exploit? if you were in my place, what would you do?

Keep it on that FW, we might see something for 5.01

I really dont know what to do... i wanna play Paragon online

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I am on 4.73 and I want to update to 5.01 to play online... should I do it? did 5.01 patched Luca's 5.0 kernel exploit? if you were in my place, what would you do?

I really dont know what to do... i wanna play Paragon online
Nobody can guarantee anything at the moment. You can only go with gut feeling and as far as it goes with all small amount of info out there, 5.01 has the same exploit as 5.0.

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is common sense at this point, but my factory sealed Slim 500gb Uncharted Bundle I received today came with 3.51. Purchased from some dude on eBay, he included a new copy of Doom too, so that should keep me occupied for a bit. Never connecting this little one to the internet haha :)
View attachment 107124 View attachment 107125

edit--- manufacture date of June 2016

Yes, US Uncharted 500GB bundle comes with a lower firmware, but European 1TB bundle comes with 4.07 or later firmware. Be careful, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying