News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi,

I have a suggestion regarding the ignore function :) IPB allows members to ignore other members, but this is how it's look like:
21eyurp.png

Although we have chosen to ignore posts from particular users, their posts are physically still there and can be read just by clicking on this notice. From my own experience I can tell that people tend to click on those notices and if ignored posts are quoted by other users, it is unavoidable to read those ignored posts anyway.

Wouldn't it be better if the ignore function would actually remove all ignored posts from the HTML output, including quoted ignored posts? To my knowledge no forum software can do this by default, so it needs to be coded.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the person blocked posted important news though.

Which is mainly the reason this option is there.

I'm sure I've graced the ignore lists of a few people here but I still post topics (such as news) that I'm sure even they would break their strict "no Guild" diet for because it's just news. Removing the option makes doing this a pain.

Just learn to resist the temptation of looking at a post you'll most likely hate.

Reactions: 3 people

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What if the person blocked posted important news though.
Then what about a "hard-ignore" and a "soft-ignore" function? Soft-ignore would be how it is currently and hard-ignore would be the way I suggested. People can choose if they want to soft-ignore or hard-ignore other users. How is that?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You think so? What's the point of an ignore function then?
Also I don't think people are so naive to ignore important people on a forum, like news posters.
And if so, it's their own choice, no?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of an ignore function is to stop seeing what other people post (if they post things that are offensive to you), and prevent them from contacting you (assuming they were abusive to you). The current one does that.

If you would rather pretend that somebody doesn't exist at all, oh well. They still exist.
EDIT: The above line referring to hiding the fact that they're in a thread, as people can still quote them and such even if they were totally hidden and thus their quotes (an indication of their presence) would be visible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c