Suggestion for Complete Softmod Guide

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by harmor, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010
  1. harmor
    OP

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know I can make suggestion on http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ but I rather write it here so I can have feedback.

Instead of the current guide of choosing either version 4 or version 5 of Herme's cIOS I think it would be better if they do this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install Both version 4 and 5 using the guide below.
    * Unplug ALL Gamecube memory cards and controllers.

Run the cIOS222/223 Installer with the HBC. Use IOS249 if it asks so.

Version 4

* IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 37

Version 5

* IOS222 with base IOS38
    * IOS224 with base IOS57
    * IOS202 with base IOS60

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think "38 merged with 37" is more compatible with music games than just using IOS37 by itself.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    You're running CFG as USB loader, aren't you?

It has some problems with version 5 of the 37 based cIOS, causing it to get stuck at times (usually after finishing a song when playing music games). However, the very same game works fine in uloader. And perhaps even USB loader GX as well (I haven't tested that well enough to know for sure, but it seems to work).

The thing is also a dilemma because uloader uses version 5 of the 37 based cIOS to run a fair amount of wiiware titles.

Oh, and not to forget: that same IOS can be used to play DLC of music games (unlike v4, no matter how you merge things). I know Waninkoko's latest revs can also pull that off, but it's still worth mentioning.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Well, I can at least put a note that you can combine both of them and that the slots don't need to be the same as the ones mentioned.

Only problem is that noone really seems to have the best configuration for the slots (almost everyone says something different) ...