Suggestion- Ask GBAtemp titles in forums proper.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by FAST6191, Jan 19, 2011.

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It might just be a personal thing but I often fail to check Ask GBAtemp (in effect it is another forum/entity just with the same login credentials) so would it be possible to say have a feed of question titles in the relevant forum sections- it would still be Ask GBAtemp but now visible from the forum proper.

It seems to be working fairly well and doing what it was intended to do but old (viewing) habits and all that.

Might be better to make it an expandable box too (if possible viewed rather than "hidden"/broken if javascript is turn off/unavailable).

Failing that could we have some form of public title feed or API (apologies if I missed one), I am pretty sure I could knock together a greasemonkey script that would do the same- I should still have my attempt at making a shoutbox everywhere script and/or my attempt to add 360 releases back into the 360 section http://gbatemp.net/t264593-adding-last-5-x...-360-subsection .

2. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    I think this is a good idea, as i normaly just flick through the forums to see what there since, I was last logged-in.

3. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Man I love you. Your posts include so much win, no words may describe them (except yours). [​IMG] Very good idea. [​IMG]

4. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    +∞

As AV said, your posts have so much win it's indescribable.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Definitely, exposure was a concern of mine since it's (public) conception, and I keep forgetting to check it... ever.

6. ineap09

Member ineap09 GBAtemp Regular

Guyana
    Yeah, I really like this idea!

I used to check Ask GBAtemp constantly for a couple of weeks 'cause I thought it was great, but I haven't checked it for a while 'cause...well...I forgot it existed. o_o;