Homebrew (Suggestion) A port of Oregon Trail?

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may or may not have been suggested before in the pinned thread- I just wanted to make light of it because this sounds like a really nice little idea. Would it be possible to port it somewhat easily and dirtily, or that a big task I'm asking here? Just wondering, since it's a pretty simple game (the original, of course) and I would very much like to have it on the go via 3ds homebrew.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 2 options, play it using an emulator or wait for someone to remake it ( since its not open source ). The second option may never happen.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
There are also 3DS retail and DSiWare versions of Oregon Trail, but neither is really all that similar to the original game. DSiWare version is definitely the better of the two if you want to play one, but isn't available on the 3DS eShop (presumably because the license changed hands after that version, from Gameloft to the publishers of the 3DS retail game).

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 2 options, play it using an emulator or wait for someone to remake it ( since its not open source ). The second option may never happen.

Darn. That's a shame it's not open source. If there's a working DOS game emulator homebrew app (which I don't think there is at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong) I could try that. But other than that, that's a shame. Maybe Organ Trail? Is that open source? It doesn't seem like it, but it might be..

There are also 3DS retail and DSiWare versions of Oregon Trail, but neither is really all that similar to the original game. DSiWare version is definitely the better of the two if you want to play one, but isn't available on the 3DS eShop (presumably because the license changed hands after that version, from Gameloft to the publishers of the 3DS retail game).

Yeah I looked at those. Not what I was looking for though, but I guess it's an option.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. That's a shame it's not open source. If there's a working DOS game emulator homebrew app (which I don't think there is at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong) I could try that. But other than that, that's a shame. Maybe Organ Trail? Is that open source? It doesn't seem like it, but it might be..

Yeah I looked at those. Not what I was looking for though, but I guess it's an option.
There is the DosBox core for retroarch which I never used, and there is fake86 which is not really user friendly but works on N3DS and O3DS.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer of the fake86 port.

Reactions: Biovirulent

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is the DosBox core for retroarch which I never used, and there is fake86 which is not really user friendly but works on N3DS and O3DS.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer of the fake86 port.

Will check both of those out. :) Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them