the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, nope. This is what I get in the Input Options Menu:
http://i.imgur.com/1Yxh6SF.png

And every menu is short and empty like that... but as I said, I should probably just download the latest version and try again. I had a lot of trouble setting it up, maybe due to the lack of menu items ;)

Well, for one, that version is old, 1.0.0.2 is the most recent one. http://www.libretro.com/wp-content/...tent/releases/Windows/.cip4-download-info.csv

You were on 0.9.9.6, but as of recently, 1.0.0.2. Download it, delete the config files and try again, there's no reason the most recent version should do that if it does.

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, for one, that version is old, 1.0.0.2 is the most recent one. http://www.libretro.com/wp-content/...tent/releases/Windows/.cip4-download-info.csv

You were on 0.9.9.6, but as of recently, 1.0.0.2. Download it, delete the config files and try again, there's no reason the most recent version should do that if it does.

Yeah, for sure! Downloading it right now. As I said in the edit of the last comment: Last time I touched it was in September 2013 so yeah, it's old ;) But maybe that explains WHY I found it weird / a pain in the ass to use :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:P
Now I'll just have to figure out how I did that save state configuration again. I managed to bind the load and save states to select-R and select-L on the previous one :) Feels a lot better already in the GUI though!

Default save states should be F2 to save, F3 and F4 to cycle through and F5 to load, I believe. Hopefully, it works better this time lol.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Default save states should be F2 to save, F3 and F4 to cycle through and F5 to load, I believe. Hopefully, it works better this time lol.

Yeah I know, but I need to figure out how to rebind them to the SNES controller using button combinations. It was possible by playing around in the config-file manually in that old version at least :) I'll figure it out ^^

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, but I need to figure out how to rebind them to the SNES controller using button combinations. It was possible by playing around in the config-file manually in that old version at least :) I'll figure it out ^^

You should be able to remap each key manually in the GUI, I think.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You should be able to remap each key manually in the GUI, I think.

Yeah, it was the "enable hotkey button" item that I had to bind to the select button to get the combinations to work. :) (I didn't want L to save, but Select+L to save etc.). Now everything is set up as I wanted it :D Much much easier this time around to play with the settings!

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was the "enable hotkey button" item that I had to bind to the select button to get the combinations to work. :) (I didn't want L to save, but Select+L to save etc.). Now everything is set up as I wanted it :D Much much easier this time around to play with the settings!

Ah well, glad to know it's working better ^_^

Reactions: Issac

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone mentioned VisualBoyAdvance for GB/C? I don't know how it compares to other GB emulators mentioned here, but I find that it works flawlessly for me. I mostly use it just to access the GBA exclusive shops in the Zelda Oracle games, and also for its simplicity.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone mentioned VisualBoyAdvance for GB/C? I don't know how it compares to other GB emulators mentioned here, but I find that it works flawlessly for me. I mostly use it just to access the GBA exclusive shops in the Zelda Oracle games, and also for its simplicity.

Gambatte might be good too, at least on the Wii, it runs GB/GBC games perfectly, but VBA well, that should run it well too.

paulie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply.

Higan works perfectly now, works with my PS3/360 controller as well.
Turns out I missed the option where I could set the button inputs myself.
Save states etc work fine as well.
Odd thing about Higan is that save states made in e.g. performance mode dont work in the accuracy mode or balanced mode, ah well, sticking to one mode is fine for me.

For gb games VisualBoyAvance, which was mentioned here, seems to work best for me, but does not work with PS3/360 controller inputs for me.

Thanks for all the great help!!!

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, the higan(v094) has 3 .exe: accuracy, balanced, and performance. I will notice differences using znes, snes9x and others, if comparing with the "balanced" and "performance" modes on higan, since the accuracy higan is really best?

I ask, cause, since the emulator requires 3ghz to work with the accuracy of 100%, and i using a modest laptop with 1.8ghz, the accuracy mode doesnt work on my laptop.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the higan(v094) has 3 .exe: accuracy, balanced, and performance. I will note differnce using znes, snes9x and others, if comparing qith the "balanced" and "performance" modes on higan? I ask, cause, since the emulator requires 3ghz to work with the accuracy of 100%, and i using a modest laptop with 1.8ghz, the accuracy mode doesnt work on my laptop.

Snes9x 1.53 is still pretty dang accurate, shouldn't notice much difference aside from few games.

Reactions: almmiron

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is one of the things i like in gbatemp: lists. Compatibility lists of certain apps, and stuff. I know star fox, earthworm jim 2 has some sound issues with regular emulators. There is a list, or shall we make one, with every snes game, and in wich emulator it have 100% accuracy (or near that)? I like the perfectionism of the users of this forum. :)

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want the most accurate SNES emulator, higan (Accuracy profile) is the only way to go (it is also the only emulator that run enhancement chip like Cx4 in LLE).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the most accurate SNES emulator, higan (Accuracy profile) is the only way to go (it is also the only emulator that run enhancement chip like Cx4 in LLE).

Er, no idea why one would want to run that chip in LLE lol, but that's just me :P Only two games used it, I think Mega Man X2 and X3 respectively, doing some funky wireframe geometric effects IIRC. Accuracy profile is only beneficial for two games, one which uses a dot-based rendering method for shadows as opposed to the typical scanline-based rendering. Balanced core is the best one for the average user. Aside from a few games, Snes9x handles 99% of the games just fine, and is less taxing on the CPU, it's the reason I don't use Higan, I'm afraid it would fry my Core i5 3570 lol.

While Snes9x isn't cycle-accurate, it sure is hell better than that garbage excuse of an emulator, Zsnes :P

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B..b..b..b...but ZSNES has pretty snowflakes! Gotta admit I love the DOS-like menu. It brings back memories when I see it since it was the first SNES emu that worked for my first desktop.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
B..b..b..b...but ZSNES has pretty snowflakes! Gotta admit I love the DOS-like menu. It brings back memories when I see it since it was the first SNES emu that worked for my first desktop.

Get BZSNES? :P

Is one of the things i like in gbatemp: lists. Compatibility lists of certain apps, and stuff. I know star fox, earthworm jim 2 has some sound issues with regular emulators. There is a list, or shall we make one, with every snes game, and in wich emulator it have 100% accuracy (or near that)? I like the perfectionism of the users of this forum. :)
Well, you only need BSNES/Higan Accuracy for 2 obscure games, and it is only for shadow rendering iirc, so balanced and performance should be fine for the rest of the SNES library. If your computer can't keep up with Balanced and Performance, SNES9x, while not cycle accuracy, still is an excellent emulator, it also can run games with special chips very well.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: