Suggest me a slot 2 device?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by darkirby, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007

Suggest me a slot 2 device? by darkirby at 12:55 AM (1,296 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. darkirby
    OP

Newcomer darkirby Member

United States
    ok I own an M3 simply, and i would like to get me a slot 2 device so i can play some GBA games I have not played/missed... also the extra ram would be nice...

with only that information, which slot two device would you suggest me, and where might i be able to purchase it cheapest online?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Lets see. You're probably out of luck with the cheap thing. The better of the cards which suit your needs is the M3 Lite, and that doesn't come cheap (70-80 USD, and you still need a microSD). M3 Lite has RAM and GBA, EZ4Deluxe has better GBA support, but the RAM can't be used for browser (yet). It is however the cheaper option.

Supercard isn't generally great at GBA so avoid those if you're looking to play GBA.

I recommend M3 Lite. I got mine this week and I love it (despite the fact I got no microSD card for it [​IMG])

3. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Wha? My first Slot-2 device was a Supercard Lite and it worked flawlessly. The only downside is that you have to patch the games/roms (which most [if not all] Slot-2 devices make you do anyway...)

4. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    m3 lite perfect. Great gba and nds compatability. If a new nds rom wont work u can be sure of an update to fix it

5. 4saken

Australia
    Slowdowns and stuff [​IMG]
    Perhaps it depends on the microSD, but I've heard most Supercards run GBA worse than all the others

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

Supercards slow down nastily in many GBA games. I know, I have one with nearly 200 GBA games in it. Go with the M3 Perfect.

7. 4saken

Australia
    M3 Lite also supports GBA-NDS linkage. Pokemon however is not supported at the moment; I'm sure the team is working on it (please be working on it). Does it work on the 3in1? I was reading some stuff about people having trouble with it

8. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    You don't understand. EZ 3-in-1 gets recognized as a real GBA cart, so it allows GBA linkage with Slot-1 carts and retail NDS carts.

Anyway, I also recommend EZ 3-in-1. It's the unique thing. You'll get:
    -Browser and homebrew ram expansion
    -GBA games. The cart will act just like a real gba cart, once you flash it. Just insert it and play.
    -GBA Linkage with all Slot-1, including retail NDS games
    -Homebrew. All GBA homebrew + old NDS homebrew in ds.gba format. Such as dsHeretic or dsQuake. These two gems are not ported to DLDI.
    -Rumble support. The rumble is tons better than the official Nintendo rumble pack.

And all of these stated above will work with any Slot-1 card. ANY.

EZ 3-in-1 expansion pack comes in two colors - black and white (ds lite dust cover sized) and as a gba cart (black) as of now.

Generally it costs around 15-20 bucks. Can't get any cheaper.

9. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I don't think the linkage works with Pokemon on the 3-in-1 unless you use it with the EZ-V, with loader 1.40 or higher. I believe this is because the DS game can't read the save from the 3-in-1 without being patched by the loader, the same way the GBA games can't save on the 3-in-1 without being patched by the EZ client.

For other games where the DS game just checks to see if the GBA game is inserted (Castlevania DoS & Megaman ZX for example) the GBA linkage works just fine with the 3-in-1.

10. 4saken

Australia
    Thats most likely the problem with most slot2 cards which claim to support NDS-GBA union.

11. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I think the problem with the slot 2 G6 & M3 carts (and possibly others) is that they don't load the GBA game's save at all, because the SRAM is already being used by the DS game. In most cases that should work just fine, Pokemon is the only DS game I know of that actually reads the save data from a GBA cart.

12. phoenix121

Newcomer phoenix121 Member

United States
    sucks to you guys then just get the real games.

13. darkirby
    OP

Newcomer darkirby Member

United States
    Well i'm not exactly looking forward to that whole slot 1 and slot 2 unification... main thing i was aiming for was basically(in rough terms...) a M3 simply for GBA games XD... best way to explain it... but yeah... that's what i'm looking for... cheap... multi games, micro SD card use...