Sugestion?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by blue99, May 28, 2003.

May 28, 2003

Sugestion? by blue99 at 12:03 AM (589 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. blue99
    OP

Member blue99 The Original Fake

Canada
    I have a Suggestion:

Since they are leechers in GBAtemp. We should make a quiz, any kind of quiz. And if they pass they could sign-up in GBATemp. So we can have less lechers in our forum.

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    How do you leech a forum with no downloads? And anyone can sign up so, I'm lost.

3. Tempest Stormwin

Former Staff Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach

Canada
    On what topic? I joined because I liked the community and I saw our Metroid Fusion help topic and wanted to lend a hand. I couldn't have told you the names of ANY release groups out there, for instance. Others joined for different reasons.

"Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as..." is a phrase you may have heard. Diversity and tolerance is what we work on, it's our operating idea it seems. If we start screening, it will definitely trim the crowd in a way that may promote arrogance. ("Oh, he couldn't even tell us what group dumped Golden Sun! We must be better than him!")

I admit we have a lot of zero-posters, but we also have zero roms. That means that these people cannot be "leechers" since they don't steal anything, and that all we can do is encourage them to post by providing them a place to do so in where they'll be accepted.

-Tempest out.-

4. blue99
    OP

Member blue99 The Original Fake

Canada
    Ill try to explain more, i thought leecher was a person who screws up somehitng. Some people just signup and cause trouble.

5. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    No, a leecher is someone who downloads a bunch of stuff, but gives nothing back in return. Like someone downloading ROMs and then leaves. Doesn't heven stay to chat. Yes, I'm guilty of this occansinally.

6. Tempest Stormwin

Former Staff Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach

Canada
    And for those who cause trouble, the admin can remove their accounting or ban their IP address, while the moderators can keep the disturbances to a minimum. I mean, that's our role, right?

-Tempest out.-