Suddenly: Wii doesn't recognize my Backups anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Raze1988, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Raze1988
    OP

Raze1988 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2007
    Australia
    Ok, brace for impact:

My PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g installed suddenly stopped to read my Backups. Only the Originals work.
    This happend like that: Played SMG, downloaded the new Mii channel, played SMG again the next day, shut down = now i can't play any backups. WiiKey Setup disc won't load either.

At first i suspected the new Mii channel....but that can't be the issue because i played a backup right after installing and using the new channel.
    So i opened my Wii. Everything looked fine/Nothing smelled burnt (the soldering points were OK)

Opening and checking cables/soldering points helped nothing. It still doesn't work.

I noticed something:
    If i put in an original game - The Drive loads up properly (you know, that sound like it's chargin' the lazer)
    If i put a backup in - The Drive wants to load, but it stops completely after a few seconds

What's the problem here and how can i solve it? I heard about adjusting a potenziometer or something like that. What is it, and can a layman successfully adjust it?

EDIT: So much answers ^^ I think my WiiKey is f*cked

2. lordcoxis

lordcoxis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2006
    Angola
    I have exactly the same problem. One day it was working 100%, the other (yesterday) it reads absolutely no backups (various brands, +/-R, all discs that used to load), just originals. Anyone else had this problem?

3. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    well, if is a quick solder, resolder it, if its wires, use a multimetre to check for continuity through the wiikey pads and the wii drive

4. pirate_arrh

pirate_arrh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2005
    New Zealand
    I have had problems where when i play a non back up, then back to an original, it gives me read errors.

I reboot and its fine.

It could be a loose wire on you mod chip?

Try and lay ir down or stand it up?

5. spirited

spirited Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2006
    United States
    this happend to me, the old disk that used to work no longer worked but somehow when i reburnt the game on a different burner it would read the new disk.

6. lordcoxis

lordcoxis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2006
    Angola
    Checkout http://wiikey19g.wordpress.com/ seems like the same problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice