Hacking suddenly iso files not reading

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was almost done with ff2 and god of war ghost of sparta. I put it down yesterday. I didn't drop it. I didn't do anything funny or store in in a weird place. I just picked it up to play more ff2. But none of the iso on my original phat psp says version software 6.60 won't load.
The emulators work the couple of eboot ps1 games still there.
I have no idea where the firmware is now or how old my firmware is. I haven't needed to do anything to my psp for a few years now.

By won't load I mean I turned on my psp and suddenly my games weren't there. When I plug it up to my computer the iso are still on the memory card.

Is there way to fix this without losing my saves please?

Last edited by flashmanx,

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suddenly trying to play a actual purchased game the buttons won't work. But they work for emulators and the menu. Also my home button all around doesn't seem to be working and I can't get it to start up in recoverymode powering on and holding the r button.

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i followed youtube videos and tried to install 6.61 but that didn't take so I think I upgraded cause it now says 6.60 pro 2. I find that my home button or purchased umd games the buttons won't work and it won't show my iso games in the menu
but there is kinda of a fix. if i run 6.60pro 2 update then switch my memory card with ff2 on it then ff2 will show and let me play it fine all buttons working except home button. after i save the game I have to manually power down.
Basically everytime I wish to play iso psp game I have to run 6.60 pro2 update then switch the memory card over to play the game.
ok new issue. I must run 6.60 pro 2 update everytime I start in order to play iso ps1 or emulators.
Also I found out the dim screen and the music note button now work as the home button.

this tide me over for now but it really sucks. If I finally buy a psp vita can you load emualtors and psp games on that. I'll purchase vita games as long as I can still play retro consoles and psp games with custom firmware.

Last edited by flashmanx,

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I been at this for hours now i have to take something to help me sleep cause i got work in 5 hours.
i figured downgrading from back to 5.50 dgen prom might be the ticket. I have managed to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20 follwing some youtube video.
heres whats up.
6.20 iso won't show. ps1 games say copywrite not up tp date. emualtors say corrupt. the dim button now functions as the home button. When I boot a purchased physical umd game it loads but then no buttons work.

The only thing I can think of is downgrading psp back to factory but for some reason my pandora battery won't fit anymore and I can't find a video that talks about hellcat recovery flasher from 6.20 to basic. I don't know what to do please help me someone. please. I really can't aford an new psp and since the pandora battery won't fit I might have to buy a new one of those too. I don't understand I played a game just fine then woke up the next day and it suddenly wasn't working.

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok I been at this for hours now i have to take something to help me sleep cause i got work in 5 hours.
i figured downgrading from back to 5.50 dgen prom might be the ticket. I have managed to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20 follwing some youtube video.
heres whats up.
6.20 iso won't show. ps1 games say copywrite not up tp date. emualtors say corrupt. the dim button now functions as the home button. When I boot a purchased physical umd game it loads but then no buttons work.

The only thing I can think of is downgrading psp back to factory but for some reason my pandora battery won't fit anymore and I can't find a video that talks about hellcat recovery flasher from 6.20 to basic. I don't know what to do please help me someone. please. I really can't aford an new psp and since the pandora battery won't fit I might have to buy a new one of those too. I don't understand I played a game just fine then woke up the next day and it suddenly wasn't working.
the only thing I can think of is to back up all your files . wipe the psp , then re-install 6.60 . my psp has gone through a lot of abuse(thanks to my little brother) but it works just fine .

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know the best way to do that? My pandora battery doesn't seem to fit anymore for some reason. Theres something called hellcat flasher or something like that but i think I didn't do that cause the youtube video i found on it i think was for a diff firmware or had a megaupload dead link or something

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you know the best way to do that? My pandora battery doesn't seem to fit anymore for some reason. Theres something called hellcat flasher or something like that but i think I didn't do that cause the youtube video i found on it i think was for a diff firmware or had a megaupload dead link or something
back up everything on your pc , go to the setting on your psp and select "format memory stick" once its wiped . re-install the cfw and see if it works . if it doesn't I cant help you sorry

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had similar issues, I just bought a pre-modded* per-say psp 3000. its on 6.60, and I have been able to add some games to the SD card, but some show up and others dont. I have been trying to switch cfws and the same games show up on one and then show up as transparent (unplayable) on another cfw. I had a working game, that I removed from the SD card, then re-added it and now it doesnt show up. I have about 15 working games, but no matter which other game I add, they all show up incorrectly (transparent or image scrambling) and crash when trying to boot. Is this normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.