Suddenly few some WiiWares does not run anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Cospefogo, May 5, 2011.

1. Cospefogo
    OP

Newcomer Cospefogo Member

Brazil
    Gentlemen,

My friend as a 4.3 softmodded Wii working perfectly.
    Homebrew, emulators, wiiwares and so on.

Also, he has not made ANY system updates or installed IOS related programs for months.

Few days ago he did play Dr. Mario Online RX perfectly, and now, out of the blue,
    the game does not run anymore. Megaman 9 too. Same thing.

And some Wii games that previously worked under IOS249 now
    require IOS 224 mload to run correctly.

Any idea of what could be happening?
    I suppose that some newer Wii game has "messed up" with some
    stuff inside the softmod? Is this plausible?

Thanks for your attention!
    Cospefogo.

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    The fact that you only mention IOS224 and not 222/223 makes me think that your Wii got updated some how. Currently Nintendo does not stub IOS224; although Hermes cIOS v5 which introduced 224 does max out the revision numbers so 222/223 should have remained - but I'm thinking out loud here. To be sure run SysCheck and post the generated report in a post for us to verify what happened. I expect to see some stubs.

If your Wii was indeed updated, then all you have to do is remove the stubs, and reinstall your cIOS. You will also have to repatch IOS80, SM4.3's IOS, with the Trucha Bug if it was replaced with a non-patched version as well. You can obtain all the needed IOS WADs from ModMii. In fact, you might as well use ModMii to update all your IOS if any others are outdated or missing. This should get you up and running again.

EDIT: Forgot to add. To prevent future updates install Priiloader and apply the Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates settings.

-[]D

3. Cospefogo
    OP

Newcomer Cospefogo Member

Brazil
    Dear PPSainity,

Thank you for your reply here, I will forward your information to my friend. Also, since you mentioned Priiloader, I have another question I think you may clarify it for me.

In my Wii, I have Priiloader set up since I followed *all* the guidelines provided by ModMii and it is set to Block DISC & ONLINE updates. But my doubt is - after the Priiloader installation - is the Priiloader itself "recorded" inside the NAND memory for good?

I ask this because I removed all that ModMii stuff from my SD (of course I did back-it-up) and I have now only Wad Manager & Emulators. I was afraid to not be really protected by Priiloader.

Also, I will run a SysChek report generator in my Wii as well.
    See you later!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
    ([​IMG])

Cospefogo.

4. LinkFan16

Member LinkFan16 I link them all

Germany
    As far as I know, priiloader writes all activated hacks into the nand, so you should be fine and the protection should be there.

5. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    And, when you´re able to install some CIOS, go for a clean IOS58 install. And CIOS 236 installer.

6. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    To see if the Priiloader hacks chosen are still chosen, just go back into Priiloader (start the Wii while holding down the reset button) and see if the chosen hacks still come up as enabled. As for the where the hacks are stored, Priiloader patches the System Menu itself when applying the hacks, while a copy of the full hacks_hash.ini is also stored in the Wii's NAND as well. Deleteing all the "ModMii stuff" from your SD card will not affect Priiloader.

-[]D