Suddenly completely unable to access GBAtemp.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Tamyu, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    Just outside Nagoya, Japan
    Right now I`m accessing it through a US proxy server. It will not load, and does not even respond to pings if I don`t do it through proxy. It doesn`t time out, but tells me \"Destination net unreachable\". As if I were being blocked by this end...
    Prior to today I have never so much as had one problem accessing the site. What is going on? Has my ip been blocked or something?

I know I`m not the only one with this problem. Help.

2. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    [​IMG]
    Oh-oh

okok, Are you sure it's not the proxy it self? And I see you got through.

3. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    I don`t usually use a proxy. I`m only using one to access GBAtemp today because I can`t get through normally.

4. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I can't think of what it would be. We haven't changed anything on our end.

5. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    Nothing has changed on this end either - I even called and confirmed. And it`s only GBAtemp...
    In PMs, 4saken said he was having trouble and ended up using a proxy. I didn`t think much about it until I also couldn`t access the site at all. I remembered the proxy bit, tried it, and had no trouble at all.

I`m wondering if there are more people out there who are having similar problems, but think the site is down (as I did until I recalled the PM)

ETA: For some reason, the proxy loves to insert \\s in random places. Please excuse that.

6. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    Just confirmed that my husband can`t access it from work either - totally different ISP, etc. Same message from your server saying that it is \"unreachable\" - a common message when an ip has been blocked or banned.

7. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Well there is no ip or range ban on your IP address. I suggest sending a message to Costello about it, he's the best person to talk about this to.

8. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Like Tamyu, I've been having exactly the same problems. The site is working now atm with my Australian IP.

9. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    And suddenly working... Nothing changed here. I am guessing there is probably some sort of problem inbetween GBAtemp`s servers and us. In fact, I believe Japan and Australia both use the same backbone, so it would make sense.

Very weirdly frustrating.

10. laurenz

laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    I had the same problem a hour ago! But i don't live near japan or australia at all! I live in the Netherlands!
    Everything seems to work fine now though.

11. Strider

Strider Next to the mainstream

Oct 29, 2002
    Unreachable would mean there's no route to the network where gbatemp.net is - so nothing gbatemp itself could influence.

12. Tamyu
    OP

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2006
    That may be true, but I`m used to doing ip range blocks that give the unreachable message. It wasn`t a big leap to thinking that for some reason there may be a block on Japanese ips, etc.

It seems that it wasn`t, and I hope whatever the problem was that it doesn`t happen again. If it had been something on GBAtemp`s end, fixing it would have remedied the problem... But something else between here and there could happen again anytime. Argh.

13. Gestahl

Gestahl GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2006
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    I had the same problem but GBATemp is reachable now. Can't say the same about M3Wiki. :-\ Is it gone for good this time??

14. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    For several hours earlier today (technically yesterday) I was getting DNS errors, even the DNS lookup sites I googled couldn't find GBATemp.net.

It isn't The Man trying to keep you down, is it?

15. digitalforums

digitalforums GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2004
    Cheshire, England
    same probs here as well, not being able to access

16. fermio100

fermio100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2006
    Brazil
    had pbms too. i'm in Brazil...

17. Logan_

Logan_ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    it seems like the DNS server(s) are down for the m3wiki.com domain
    see http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...wiki.com&type=A

Code:
    How I am searching:
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at c.root-servers.net [192.33.4.12]: Got referral to B.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 11 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at B.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.33.14.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 269 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to c.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at c.gtld-servers.net. [192.26.92.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 12 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to d.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at d.gtld-servers.net. [192.31.80.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 33 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to h.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at h.gtld-servers.net. [192.54.112.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 95 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to e.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 85 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30]: Got referral to sd-5815.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 76 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at sd-5815.dedibox.fr. [88.191.37.100]: Timed out. ÂTrying again.
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to g.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at g.gtld-servers.net. [192.42.93.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 82 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to d.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at d.gtld-servers.net. [192.31.80.30]: Got referral to nssec.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 32 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to k.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at k.gtld-servers.net. [192.52.178.30]: Got referral to sd-5815.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 84 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at sd-5815.dedibox.fr. [88.191.37.100]: Timed out. ÂTrying again.
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at nssec.dedibox.fr. [88.191.254.71]: Got referral to e.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 87 ms]
    Searching for m3wiki.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30]: Got referral to sd-5815.dedibox.fr. (zone: m3wiki.com.) [took 80 ms]

Error: It looks like you've stuck me in a loop!.

Details:
    I am programmed to stop after 20 DNS queries, since most DNS lookups can be finished
    after about 3-5 queries. ÂIt sounds like you're stuck in a loop.
    nssec.dedibox.fr isn't returning the IP address for www.m3wiki.com/m3wiki.com, instead it looping back to each of the root DNS servers, and then repeats over and over.

note: this was a hour ago, now it seems fixed now