Suddendly, Menuhax refused to work (Already solved, but it's intriguing me)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Osakasan, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Osakasan
    OP

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Ok, this gave me a good scare. A good friend of mine asked me me downgrande and install EmuNAND on his o3DS, i'm keeping it until this saturday and meanwhile i'm doing his Street Passes and the likes.

Well, this morning our 3DS (both!) gave me a small heart attack. Both refused to exit sleep mode, wich is not strange for my worn out launch 3DS but it is for his. Rebooting took me to menuhax on mine and everything was working normally, but his o3DS rebooted directly to sysnand (both are setup for booting to HBL via menuhax) with the plain black Home Menu theme, wich he uses for EmuNAND.

Needless to say both consoles, his and mine, are prepared for NOT booting to SysNAND unless i want to and i did nothing that could led to his SysNAND HMtheme changing. The hell happened here?

Also, after booting again to EmuNAND his emunand theme was back to the white basic one and all installed software was wrapped again.

Last edited by Osakasan, Jan 14, 2016
  2. alevan

alevan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    Romania
    Did you unlink the Emunand and Sysnand?

3. Osakasan
    OP

Sep 19, 2015
    Unlinked in both consoles, yeah

EDIT: Ok, installed a GBA game to reassure and both NANDS are relinked now in my friend's 3DS WTF?

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There's no way that could happen unless you re-copied sysNAND onto emuNAND. Are you sure they were unlinked? There should be two folders in "Nintendo 3DS" if they are unlinked.

5. Osakasan
    OP

Sep 19, 2015
    As sure as it's now morning here in spain. I have a clue of what may have happened but it's just absurd. The only difference between yesterday and today is that Nintendo started to push apps and f2p games (Nintendo Badge Arcade, Pokémon Picross and the likes) wich also appeared on SysNAND, wich is on 9.2 and unable to access the eShop and download any effin f2p game since it has no NNID logged whatsoever.

I'm fucking freaking out!

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it showe dup on mine too but thats installed for being just online. (Spotpass)

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's normal, and it's just shortcuts to download the games, it doesn't actually download the games automatically, which makes the entire feature rather useless and little more than an ad for Nintendo's F2P games.
    Actually, something strange happened to me just now too, I went into emuNAND and my theme had been changed back to the default and the theme shuffling setup was reset. No idea how that happened.