Hacking (Successfully) migrated from SX OS to Atmosphere. What should I be aware of now?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've finally taken the plunge and, thanks to this excellent guide, the procedure was relatively painless (faced a few obstacles because I'm on a Mac...).

Now I'm on the latest version of everything (I don't use Emunand), and I was wondering if there is something an "SX OS" migrant like me should be aware of, now that I'm breathing Atmosphere's air.

As an example: I already know I cannot use .XCI anymore (I'll live), but does Atmosphere also have issues when it comes to (completely) power down the Switch?

Any useful information is very welcome :)

Reactions: djavs

Briglia00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the most important thing you need to remember is that when you update firmware you always have to install latest sigpatches. If you forget that your games might not boot at all

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I moved from sx os to atmo days ago thanks to this guy he made very easy. I pasted his files and folders to my sx os sd card and used my sx pro to boot to atmo.

you can use xci file after installing them. I installed xci games on atmo.

https://github.com/sthetix/HATS/releases

I am downloading pokemon bd and snt v lol

Last edited by MohammedQ8,
Reactions: platanos

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said that you're not using emuNand, do you ever go online? If so, chances are high that your console will be banned. Mine's already banned, but the typical setup is use your sysNand to play online, and when going into emuNand, block online access.

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think the most important thing you need to remember is that when you update firmware you always have to install latest sigpatches. If you forget that your games might not boot at all
Sigpatches, got it, thanks :)
And for Atmosphere updates, I simply replace the whole folder in the SD card?

You said that you're not using emuNand, do you ever go online? If so, chances are high that your console will be banned. Mine's already banned, but the typical setup is use your sysNand to play online, and when going into emuNand, block online access.
I never go online with this one, so I think I'm fine :)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You lose all rights to launch XCI files, now you have to install the fuckers in the stupid format. NSP, or whatever they are. Takes up twice the space.
Please refrain from spreading lies. Installing NSPs does not take up twice the space. Ever heard of USB installing? This has been around for at least a year, maybe two.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if someone were to install NSPs from the SD card, and thought that the NSPs have to remain on the SD card after installation, then I could see how that person could think that each game occupies twice the space.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Please refrain from spreading lies. Installing NSPs does not take up twice the space. Ever heard of USB installing? This has been around for at least a year, maybe two.
It's not a lie .. after installing the XCI as an NSP, the XCI file is still on my SD card, as is the installed NSP of the same game. I can play either one in SX OS, but I can't play the XCI in Atmosphere. That's what I mean by twice as much space.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a lie .. after installing the XCI as an NSP, the XCI file is still on my SD card, as is the installed NSP of the same game. I can play either one in SX OS, but I can't play the XCI in Atmosphere. That's what I mean by twice as much space.
but if your installing a XCI in Atmos, why are you not" deleting after install"? (unless your installing from HDD

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
but if your installing a XCI in Atmos, why are you not" deleting after install"? (unless your installing from HDD
I am one of those people that uses both CFWs.

The only think keeping me with SX OS now is my XCI game collection. If someone has a batch convertor to the inferior NSP format, I'll use it.

Last edited by Jayro,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand better now what you mean, but you're bringing confusion, perhaps unintentionally. Installing an XCI file results in an installed XCI file. It doesn't magically turn into an installed NSP. XCI and NSP are just two different containers, like 7z and rar files.

The only think keeping me with SX OS now is my XCI game collection. If someone has a batch convertor to the inferior NSP format, I'll use it.
As you mentioned above, you can install XCI files, so why bother converting them before installation?

Reactions: Tokiwa

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Can't NSCB do that? Convert XCI to NSP in batchs? I know its possible to select a bunch of files and you can choose to not merge them.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't need to convert XCI anymore, most installers can install XCI directly without the need to convert first. Like DBI and Tinfoil, you can also install via usb so no need to keep the files on your sd card, just keep on your computer or usb drive.

DCarnage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally taken the plunge
Same here, I did it last night, it was extremely easy. Thank you devs for you're awesome apps! About 1 hour after migrating, my switch would only boot to OFW... Checked the SD card, all was well. Opened it up thinking I may need to resolder (even though the solder job was solid and clean) and all looked well. A sliver of thermal past was on one of the solder points, I cleaned it off and I was booting back into emunand without issue. Scared me for a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: