SirGiggles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I've done this process with many many wiis
I installed the latest d2x (52) to all the proper IOS' using all the proper bases.
And this particular wii still cannot read games off of a USB hard drive (multiple USB hard drives that have worked fine on other wiis)

Have I forgotten a step?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you found a Wii with an incompatible USB port?
I found only two wii like that.
One user on this forum, and (I thought) my cousin with his old Wii but it got fixed magically :teach:

First, Try another cIOS version.
v8, v9, v10-alt (beta53)

if these cIOS doesn't work, try using a base58 (or even IOS58 if the loader you are using allow that base).
It should work with 58, but you might end up not being able to load Wii games.

If IOS58 or cIOS[base58] works, maybe the USB module in the cIOS is not working with your current Wii's USB port. cIOS might require an update to support more ehci devices.
there are maybe different brand/producer. I don't know.

You can try this homebrew :
https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/downloads/detail?name=USB Test.rar&can=4&q=
it will output information about your USB to a log file on SD card.

ristar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue; I have used d2x to install a bunch of different cIOSs on my Wii U, but all of them cause USB GX to skip past my hard drive, entirely. I have tried 36, 222, 249, and 250 (all in bases 56, 57, and 58), and not one of them has worked. I am sure that the drive is plugged into the proper port, and is formatted as a FAT drive, but none of these cIOSs work for me...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it completly skip the detection ?
There's an option for that, verify that you didn't set it to skip USB mounting at launch. (it's used for users who want only channel/homebrew mode, no USB access)

Settings > HDD > Mount at launch : Enable

ristar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it completly skip the detection ?
There's an option for that, verify that you didn't set it to skip USB mounting at launch. (it's used for users who want only channel/homebrew mode, no USB access)

Settings > HDD > Mount at launch : Enable

I don't see that as an option in the settings - on startup, it lists "initializing USB" during loading, but only for one second. Under "Game-Initialize Partition (First Option), it does have an unchangeable setting called "Not Initialized", though. I do know that in other USB loaders, it attempts to load it for several minutes before giving up.

ristar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing. I have noticed that when I try and load things from the HDD on the Homebrew Channel menu, it doesn't recognize the drive in either port. Also, when trying to install any CIOS in MMM, I get an error like this, no matter what IOS is loaded: http://1drv.ms/1G4cDOC

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have meta.xml in the same folder than boot.dol ?
The meta.xml should have the <ahb_access/> tag in it. (and you need HBC 1.0.7+, but I guess that's not an issue)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse