Successful Rebug 4.46.1 REX, Now what?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by rspkers, Feb 12, 2014.

1. rspkers
    OP

rspkers Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    United States
    So I got this done without bricking, aaaand, now what?
    Note: If there is some kind of FAQ that answers all of my questions exists somewhere, I couldn't find it, and would appreciate a link to that thread instead.
    I'm fairly tech savvy, but I'm new to the ps3 hacking scene. Now that I have my CFW, what apps should I get to play my "backups"? People are suggesting multiman to be the best. Basically I guess I'll just ask the community what they think are the "must have" Top apps to start using with a clean PS3.

So here's my question(s):

1) Where do I go from here? What steps do I take to getting from "newly hacked PS3" to being able to play my "backups" ?

2) Now that I'm on rebug 4.46.1, how do upgrades work? Are they as simple as downloading and running?

3) What are the top apps you guys download to run your ISOs and for overall entertainment to get the best out of your newly hacked PS3?

4) I've read about people getting banned for playing games online. Well, I don't really plan to play any games online, but I kind of want to get on PSN Store, etc. Is this possible or do I risk a ban?

Most important question is really where do I go from here and what do I need to get there. Thanks guys!

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Install Multiman 4.53 (the latest one)
    Copy gamerips (gamefolders) to dev_hdd0.
    There's a folder called GAMES, which is the game folder for Multiman.
    Games in package files (.pkg files) can be installed with the install package function in the XMB.

You can copy games from an NTFS harddisk to the internal harddisk by toggling the PFS driver.
    This switches multiman to NTFS mode and lets you copy stuff over ;]

Upgrading is as simple as downloading the latest rebug CFW (when it gets released) and renaming the update file to PS3UPDAT.PUP and placing it on a FAT32 USB drive in a folder named UPDATE in a folder named PS3.

Puhh, entertainment wise, Showtime is build in with Multiman and does a fairly good job.
    Can't really answer that since I hardly use me PS3 as a multimedia machine.

Yeh it's possible.
    I been on Rebug 4.46 when it could still connect to the PSN (4.55 is out now so you'll have to wait till rebug catches up)
    I never been banned from the PSN store and I fequently use PSHome.
    I dun use any proxy/application.

3. rspkers
    OP

rspkers Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    United States
    So it's pretty much download the latest multiman, stick rips into the HD folder and have a field day? That easy?
    Is there a special file manager I need? (Sounds like I would)
    Basically I just need to know the necessary apps or "template" (hah) of a system that would allow me to play those gamerips.
    Thanks for the reply

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Yep.
    Latest Multiman, install that with the package installer and you're good to go ;]

Multiman reads the gamerips and then you can click on one in Multimans XMB, that will load the game in the real XMB and then you'd click on that.

It's really easy once you done the hard part of installing Multiman and copying your gamerips ;p

5. rspkers
    OP

rspkers Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    United States
    Thanks man. Now I can play all my weeaboo games in glorious subs.
    I thought I had the hard part done with, so Multiman is a pain to install too, eh?

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Copying the games might look terrifying at first, since you don't know any of the paths and such, but it's really easy once you done it.