Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
While messing with some of the game files (and it's pretty fun to customize the game's rules by modifying the variables) I've stumbled across some text files with transcriptions of the game cutscenes, even though there's apparently no option to show subtitles at the game menu - I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow hack the programming to show these transcriptions as subtitles...?

I've been searching for a variable to show the subs but I've had no luck up to now.

I mean, if they had everything transcribed, then they meant the game to have subtitles after all, but took them down for some reason... what about the deaf children?
unsure.gif

Jei

OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
W hat said:
How did you search for the variable? SNEEK?
I just used WiiScrubber to extract the various .txt files in the game, edit with Notepad and then put them back via WiiScrubber again. The game runs fine substituting those files and you can make it harder, mess with the story and lots of other things
smileipb2.png

Also, there's some files with different extensions that also opens fine with text editors or hexadecimal viewers.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds interesting. Your post prompted me to ask for help in Endless Ocean hacking. I wish the Endless Ocean devs were as nice as the Guilty Party ones, leaving everything out in the open for you to tinker with.

Reminds me of the hacker menu in The Conduit.

Jei

OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
W hat said:
Sounds interesting. Your post prompted me to ask for help in Endless Ocean hacking. I wish the Endless Ocean devs were as nice as the Guilty Party ones, leaving everything out in the open for you to tinker with.

Reminds me of the hacker menu in The Conduit.
Glad I've been of any help/motivation, I'd always wished for a gamerip of Endless Ocean's songs, so if you ever manage to extract them I'd be very thankful
smileipb2.png

Well, is anyone else tweaking the files from Guilty Party or could at least take a look at them?

Jei

OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
W hat said:
I sent an email to the Guilty Party devs. I wonder if they'll respond.
Wow thanks for the effort
bow.gif
Did they answer?

Also, I find it interesting that the graphic files have ".TGA" written at the header but they do not open in any standard image editing program which supports the tga format... I wonder if they're herdly encoded or if we can edit them freely like the text
unsure.gif

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not answered yet - could be by choice or because they have lots of emails to go through...

You can try sending them an email.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans