Subtitles in Guilty Party?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jei, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010

Subtitles in Guilty Party? by Jei at 3:25 AM (1,052 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jei
    OP

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    While messing with some of the game files (and it's pretty fun to customize the game's rules by modifying the variables) I've stumbled across some text files with transcriptions of the game cutscenes, even though there's apparently no option to show subtitles at the game menu - I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow hack the programming to show these transcriptions as subtitles...?

I've been searching for a variable to show the subs but I've had no luck up to now.

I mean, if they had everything transcribed, then they meant the game to have subtitles after all, but took them down for some reason... what about the deaf children? [​IMG]

2. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    How did you search for the variable? SNEEK?

3. Jei
    OP

Brazil
    I just used WiiScrubber to extract the various .txt files in the game, edit with Notepad and then put them back via WiiScrubber again. The game runs fine substituting those files and you can make it harder, mess with the story and lots of other things [​IMG]

Also, there's some files with different extensions that also opens fine with text editors or hexadecimal viewers.

4. W hat

United States
    Sounds interesting. Your post prompted me to ask for help in Endless Ocean hacking. I wish the Endless Ocean devs were as nice as the Guilty Party ones, leaving everything out in the open for you to tinker with.

Reminds me of the hacker menu in The Conduit.

5. Jei
    OP

Brazil
    Glad I've been of any help/motivation, I'd always wished for a gamerip of Endless Ocean's songs, so if you ever manage to extract them I'd be very thankful [​IMG]

Well, is anyone else tweaking the files from Guilty Party or could at least take a look at them?

6. W hat

United States
    I sent an email to the Guilty Party devs. I wonder if they'll respond.

7. Jei
    OP

Brazil
    Wow thanks for the effort [​IMG] Did they answer?

Also, I find it interesting that the graphic files have ".TGA" written at the header but they do not open in any standard image editing program which supports the tga format... I wonder if they're herdly encoded or if we can edit them freely like the text [​IMG]

8. W hat

United States
    Not answered yet - could be by choice or because they have lots of emails to go through...

You can try sending them an email.