SubliminalSegue

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd help beat the fall rush, with so many games coming out this fall, you may not have money for all the great new games coming out. If you're a cheap ass gamer like I am, you thrive to see those deals, now that Gamestop has officially lost their minds and only gave me like 9 bucks for a mint copy of Catherine. I made this quick list of some great rather unknown games and was trying to find a place to put it, so it was either here or Facebook. And since the only people on my FB are people who aren't gamers, I was hoping someone could use this.

1. Divinity II: Ego Draconis- Xbox 360/PC - This not so hard-hitting RPG kinda slipped under the radar. I happened to pick it up, hoping to find a good RPG on the 360, and was surprised how pick up and go it was. The game can be hard depending on what class you pick, but if you get into it, it's a thrilling handful of hours. The gameplay could use a tweak and the voice-acting is a bit...British...but it's heart is in the right place, and you can pick it up for a measly 8 bucks on Amazon (12 for the PC)

2. Deadly Premonition- Xbox 360 - I've stated this ad nausuem. DP is a great game depsite it's production values. 13 bucks on Amazon can't be all bad, but 20 bucks new.That's a steal. The game is a mix between Silent Hill and Twin Peaks, but the story is a blast, and replay value is high. A lot of people wrote it off because of it's one dimensional plot and it's Dreamcast era graphics, but if you're a patient gamer, you'll actually see it's a gem. Plus, if funded enough, SWERY said he'd make the sequel.

3. Yakuza 3- PS3 - I didn't forget about PS3, and for 13 bucks, you can have your hands on a stylish fighter/Shenmue-esque game. For those who couldn't get into the first two like me, Y3 was a breath of fresh air, exposing the seedy underbelly of the Japanese mafia and giving you a town full of life and fun to explore. The forth game is also worth checking out, but Yakuza 3 is where the series gets fun and there is enough backstory thanks to it's Memory section that you can start with this game.

4. Brink- Xbox 360/PS3/PC - Brink is still a decently new game, but you can snag this Team Fortress inspired shooter for only 10 bucks. Brink may need some patching and slight tweaks, but for 10 bucks, you get a pretty interesting take on a slumdog shoot-em-up that only Heavys and Pyros would love. And hey, if you don't like Brink, just get Orange Box for the same price and you not only get TF, but 4 other games!

5. Earth Defense Force 2017- Xbox 360 - If you still haven't played this classic, it's time to. For 20 bucks, (I'm sure you can find cheaper than that) you can slay your way through giant bugs in order to save the planet in this over the top arcade shooter. Hell for 20 bucks you can get the sequel and online capable Insect Armageddon, and continue the frenzy.

Some of these titles kinda slipped under the radar, but the best way to play the best games is by word of mouth, isn't it?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm...TF2 is free. So buying Orange Box just for the purpose of TF2 is kinda a waste of money.
(That's not to say the other games are good too
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"