Stylus slightly failing to hold in place

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by CatmanFan, Jan 3, 2017.

1. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    My New 3DS XL stylus is fine, but hence the title, it won't hold in place when the system is placed vertically and will fall just a little bit but not completely down. I tried taking off the back faceplate and putting it back on, same problem. What is wrong here?

2. KomasterXX

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    I think its a faulty design issue...mine does the same thing, since I bought it. It doesn't bother me since I have a cover that kinda remedies the problem.

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    It's the nub stub. I guess they didn't want people to struggle attempting to draw on miiverse, but the, 'it's Nintendo' makes me think they knew the plastic would wear down and want you to buy more accessories.
    Honestly, I bought the 'wataru' pack for ~$4.00 (tax incl.) with two screen protectors, one cleaning cloth, and two white-tipped stylus (all official Nintendo products) and have been satisfied with my purchase.

4. wg93589

wg93589 A Mario Kart modder

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    Try placing a piece of tape or two in the stylus channel to make it so there is less room for the stylus to move around so It won't fall out.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    H1B1 is correct if you ask me. I have had many many styli over the years because of the simple wearing down of that little tiny nub. I just suggest getting a new one.

6. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Just took the battery cover off, stuck a small piece of tape inside the stylus channel and put the cover back on, now the stylus won't come off :)

7. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I fixed the problem with an o3DS by putting a tiny drop of superglue back onto the nub and letting it dry completely.

It looks ugly, but at least it still works.

8. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    The sticky residue that will stick to the stylus.
    three times, fast.

CatmanFan likes this.