Stylus and screen filter life

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bm_attar, Jan 31, 2007.

Jan 31, 2007
  1. bm_attar
    OP

Newcomer bm_attar Member

Canada
    I applied Hori protector to my DSL from day one. After a couple months of extensive play (by 4 people in our household [​IMG]), I am noticing scratches on the hori filter. I have two questions:

1- How often on average should I replace the hori filter with a new one.
    2- Should I replace the stylus at some point, or a replacement stylus is only used when u lose or break ur stylus. could the stylus get old and cause more scratches than it should?

Thanks

2. Scott_

Newcomer Scott_ Member

It would appear that you only need to change the filter if it is in fact not protecting your screen any longer. Is it now not doing that? Yes? Then change it. I am not sure about the stylus.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    there no need to change the stylus unless its snaps.

4. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I do believe the stylus can be scratched and cause damage. I bumped the tip of the stylus on the very edge of the touchscreen, where it meets the plastic of the case, and it was scratched. It started to scratch the screen and not feel as if it was sliding anymore. It scratched up a brand new screen in no time.
    So I replaced it with a Hori one when I replaced the screen filter, and the problem disappeared.

So yes, the stylus can go "bad".

5. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would the Hori protector twice each year. I would replace it more if they were cheaper but I play only every now and then...

replace stylus?

6. bm_attar
    OP

Newcomer bm_attar Member

Canada
    Thanks guys. Does anyone remove/wash and reuse their screen protector. Does it help make it look less scratchy?

7. Scott_

Newcomer Scott_ Member

I would just buy a new set of protectors. They're cheap anyway.