Styles in Tales of Innocence

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ritsuki, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

Styles in Tales of Innocence by Ritsuki at 2:48 AM (6,435 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. Ritsuki
    OP

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    So, just started ToI an hour ago, but I'm a bit confused with this Styles thing. Does it affect your attack pattern ? I saw it changes your stats, but are your stats higher when your Style level is high or it simply determines your groth type (like titles in previous Tales of) ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Arale

Newcomer Arale Member

Netherlands
    the higher the styles are the higher the stats and about the attack pattern they are character fixed.chars like iria and ange can easily get 10 hit combo while the rest only get 3 hit combo,but there are things like combo plus which lets you increase your combo by 1 hit,it's learned from that sword style.

3. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    Ok, so Base Level increases your stats and gives you new Artes, and Style Level give you "bonus stats" and gives you new Abilities ?

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Yes, simply as that [​IMG] you should also try to combine the effects like your guardian might want to get the first ability from the sword style [​IMG]

5. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    So, basically, everyone can fulfill any job (tanker, healer, caster,...), the only thing who will change between characters are the Artes and their weapons (i.e. : It's not a very good idea to use Luca as a healer since he is a sword-wielder and he doesn't learn healing Artes)

6. Mr.Positive

Member Mr.Positive GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, but having characters use styles that aren't exactly their strong suit can be advantageous, like if Spada is burning through TP too quickly while using Devic Artes, you could have him use the Technical Style for a little while so he can learn style abilities that help his TP usage.

Or you can have a mage type like Ange utilize the Offensive style in case she ever gets forced into close combat.

7. DarkStriker

Norway
    You might also check over at this site http://toigam.pbworks.com/Styles for styles abilites up to lvl 12. If anyone has a complete one please PM me or possibly post here if no one minds it?

EDIT: About Mr.Positive said in his post about Ange going in close combat. Remeber you have access to Startegy. Making use of it can make Ange to never be in close combat and help you speed up battles depending on how you use it.

8. TheViolentOne

Member TheViolentOne GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    can aynone tell me how to patch the toi traslation.because I guess you're using the same translation too right? please tell me

edit: I renamed the toi.dat file to toi.xdelta but its still a dat file what should I do?

9. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    Use this to patch it : http://www.romhacking.net/utils/598/

10. TheViolentOne

Turkey
    yeah I know but dont I supposed to change the toi file to xdelta to apply the patch?

11. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    i did this

in the
    Patch box
    pick the toi.dat file (when picking the file use see all, in the File open box)
    or
    pick the toi.xdelta file if you renamed it

in the
    Source file box
    pick the rom file

in the
    output file box
    pick a palce ro save the Patched ROM

then click patch and wait, for the rom to be Patched

12. TheViolentOne

Turkey
    I did the same but the patched file is 830 mb and my card wont read it but oh wait I guess I figured out thanks for your helps:D

13. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States

You make a good point. Strategy helps out so much so the need to branch out for new styles isn't all that necessary.

14. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
  15. DarkStriker

Norway
  16. pioquinto111

Member pioquinto111 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    i have a question about styles too.. would the stats allocated to my character differ if i leveled up using a certain style?

17. DarkStriker

Norway

No, level up has fixed stats while changing styles wil have the stats modified after a table found in the link posted by OtakuGamerZ
    http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/ToI_-_Styles

EDIT: Another thing about what Ritsuki asked. Everyone has a potentional to be healer! Everyone has the potentioanl to be a tank! Everyone has the potentional to be a damager! Everyone has a potentional to be a spellcaster! Its just that it might not be their strongest side. As far as i have played all of my characters has atleast 1 healing ability and atleast 1 AoE buffing skill. Everyone also has atleast 5 physical arts and 5 magical arts.

18. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    Does every characters have the same base stats ?

19. DarkStriker

Norway
    That im not so sure [​IMG] someone with the innocent style please unequip all ur items/abilities and make em go innocent style to confirm this? Make sure all is on same lvl ofc [​IMG]

20. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    Holy Crap ! Thanks for that Wiki.
    I have been trying to master Artes and wondering why it took so long for Artes to grow so slow while spells maxed way too fast *facepalm*