Hacking Stupidly Upgraded to 4.2E

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Yes i know it was stupid but i let my brother use my wii and he upgraded it to 4.2E. Ok but heres the thing, BootMii2 works before the wii loads (so ive made a current state backup before i try anything). Homebrew still loads aswell. However when i use some homebrew apps they just show a blank screen and nothing happens. This means i cant sort out the backup loader cios using the WAD Manager or many other usefull utilities. I read this is because 4.2 stubs out the cios but i just wondered if someone could link me to something that would get me back up and running with my full homebrew.

Thanks
Squeeky

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you are too stupid too look for the "Sticky-Threads" on the Top, then I don't know...gosh, how lazy can you be? Do some Search/Looking, before posting anything...

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that guide is great but im getting stuck really soon.

Im in homebrew after doing my bootmii backup and im trying to do the following

1a] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

I get an error that says: ES_AddTitleStart retured -1035 you might need a newer downgrader :S

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no i downloaded the 4.2 pack

4.2 NTSC, NTSC-J, & PAL Wii's "newmod.rar" I cant find hardly anything on this error online

Hold on was i supposed to launch homebrew from the wii menu or bootmii ? Or doesnt this matter at all

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squeeky said:
no i downloaded the 4.2 pack

4.2 NTSC, NTSC-J, & PAL Wii's "newmod.rar" I cant find hardly anything on this error online

Hold on was i supposed to launch homebrew from the wii menu or bootmii ? Or doesnt this matter at all
Make sure you use Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1, give it a try.

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It says that its already version 1.1 in the homebrew channel :S

Should i mention that i the wii was hacked before 4.2 ?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squeeky said:
It says that its already version 1.1 in the homebrew channel :S

Should i mention that i the wii was hacked before 4.2 ?
yea but it doesnt matter.
are you sure you following the steps correctly?
because thats the only thing i can think of.
check out which IOS to load for every step.

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok

Not loading an IOS then im going down to Downgrade IOS15 and pressing A and it prompts where do i want to get it from and i press A and it just fails with this error.

Should i start right from the beginning again including BootMii as Boot2 (the way i load it ), I mean im launching homebrew from the wii menu because i wanted to keep my bootmii seperate from homebrew. Should i do all of it on the same card ?

Started the Process again with everyhing on the same card

Hackmii Install v0.6
Using IOS Versions: Installer: 34 HBC: 61, DVDX:35

Installed Everything and rebooted, Did the backup, Turned off the wii and renamed bootmii, Launched and went to homebrew channel on wii menu started Trucha Bug Restorer and then choose no ios and then downgrade ios15 and then got the error after press a a few times

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squeeky said:
Ok

Not loading an IOS then im going down to Downgrade IOS15 and pressing A and it prompts where do i want to get it from and i press A and it just fails with this error.

Should i start right from the beginning again including BootMii as Boot2 (the way i load it ), I mean im launching homebrew from the wii menu because i wanted to keep my bootmii seperate from homebrew. Should i do all of it on the same card ?
ok, so im guessing you had cioscorp installed prior to this update?
so basically none of your IOS were updated by Nintendo.
ok move the IOS15-64-v257.wad to the wad folder on your sd card
then run anytitle deleter db [step 2]
choose IOS60 or 250 or something
and and delete IOS15.
then run wad manager 1.5 [find it if you dont already have it]
and install IOS15-64-v257.wad
from there move the IOS15-64-v257.wad file back to the root of your sd card and try TBR again.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squeeky said:
Ok

Did you try to downgrade over WiFi?

squeeky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero, you sir are a genious i shall love you and this forum forever, will there be any more problems that i encounter because of this, i got past the stage i was stuck at now and ill keep going to i have issues again. Ive got to the end of the Trucha Bug steps now without any errors at all
biggrin.gif
I must appologise for my noobness and will never let anyone touch my wii ever again LOL

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
ok, so im guessing you had cioscorp installed prior to this update?
and and delete IOS15.
from there move the IOS15-64-v257.wad file back to the root of your sd card and try TBR again.

Keep the knowledge coming.
smileipb2.png

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
squeeky said:
xzxero, you sir are a genious i shall love you and this forum forever, will there be any more problems that i encounter because of this, i got past the stage i was stuck at now and ill keep going to i have issues again. Ive got to the end of the Trucha Bug steps now without any errors at all
biggrin.gif
I must appologise for my noobness and will never let anyone touch my wii ever again LOL

Parental lock
wink.gif

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squeeky said:
biggrin.gif
no worries guy, thats my common sense typing.
biggrin.gif

Digital1980 said:
QUOTE(xzxero @ Oct 18 2009, 01:15 PM) ok, so im guessing you had cioscorp installed prior to this update?
and and delete IOS15.

Keep the knowledge coming.
smileipb2.png
aha, well cioscorp has the IOS versions numbers maxed out, so theres no way of downgrading them unless you delete the IOS first.

the error -1035 in wad manager means the IOS cannot be downgraded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1