Stupid ways you have bricked a game system?

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bricked a Zen Xfi2 installing a CFW (I recovered it with a recovery) and a 3DS restoring a NAND dunp and later fucked it with a bad hardmod. Anyone gas more pathetic bricks?

Last edited by yacepi15,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway3ds.png

But seriously, bricked 2 3DS's because I was being an idiot and followed a very old A9LH guide which didn't really work.

Last edited by DKB,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my ipod touch several times by installing questionable tweaks, then waking up to find that rebooting ended in a lovely boot loop...

Reactions: Ricken

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Only game system I ever bricked was my O3DS XL.

I figured it was relatively safe to directly downgrade to 2.1.0 for an OTP dump, so I made a NAND backup and downgraded SysNAND to 2.1.0 directly. Everything went smoothly until the very end: I got the "an error occurred. Please turn off the system and try again." message on the bottom screen. There are comments on Plailect's A9LH guide stating there's a slight chance of getting a brick if you downgrade without performing a system format beforehand. I figured that's exactly what happened to me, as no trickery worked to get it to boot up normally.

I needed the system to play with other people, however, which was worrisome, but thankfully I could get on recovery just fine. It is now vanilla on 11.0.0-33U.
Doesn't bother me, since A9LH is working fine on my N3DS XL, and I still have an O3DS on 9.2 to install A9LH on, whenever I feel like it.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea. After I flashed the stock firmware, it just went dead.
I've done something like that. I bought a nice little gaming tablet off of @LightyKD and it was bricked. They called it a "deep brick". Eventually I coaxed it into recovery mode and used an SD card to revert it to the newest version of its stock firmware. It was android 4.1.2. It was super slow and was missing literally everything. It had a settings app but half the settings weren't there. It was missing stock apps that you can't normally remove. It was the buggiest thing ever. I installed a custom rim that was incomplete but still far better than the stock firmware. So I guess it was bricked then got unbridled by its stock firmware, then fixed by a custom firmware.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done something like that. I bought a nice little gaming tablet off of @LightyKD and it was bricked. They called it a "deep brick". Eventually I coaxed it into recovery mode and used an SD card to revert it to the newest version of its stock firmware. It was android 4.1.2. It was super slow and was missing literally everything. It had a settings app but half the settings weren't there. It was missing stock apps that you can't normally remove. It was the buggiest thing ever. I installed a custom rim that was incomplete but still far better than the stock firmware. So I guess it was bricked then got unbridled by its stock firmware, then fixed by a custom firmware.

Yeah.... that tablet was originally bricked because the damn firmware upgrade tool is very wonky. Following the instructions provided by JXD still resulted in bricks.

Reactions: CIAwesome526
D

Deleted User

I installed a CTF theme to flash0 on my old blue psp 2000... and it bricked, i think it was one of the models that didn't support the pandora battery method too

Installed it wrong by deleting a crutial XMB theme file.. because that's smart.. at least now i know howto use CTF's now

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.... that tablet was originally bricked because the damn firmware upgrade tool is very wonky. Following the instructions provided by JXD still resulted in bricks.
well now it also has a broken screen! yay.

Edit: i thought of a way to use it still: there is mini hdmi on it, i can connect it to the tv and use my usb otg cable with a mouse to start it pand start whatever app i want and use the tablet as i controller.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally uninstalled Native FIRM (I was actually trying to uninstall AGB FIRM to install the patched one) in FBI last year in July. The result? A bricked CFW'ed 2DS. I didn't have Internet at the time because I had just moved (I used a friend's Wi-fi to download the patched AGB FIRM off of that ISO site). A common noob mistake, but I had to wait until almost Christmas to get another one. :angry:

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
i bricked a wii from installing a bad wad, and not having bootmii/priiloader installed.
I also bricked 2ds's in the past(already fixed and hardmodded) by thinking I could flash NAND.bin from one console to another(trust me, I did this shit like 1 month I started on the 3ds hacking scene :rofl2::ha:

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my O3DS by using a beta of SysUpdater the second it came out. It was the day after memchunkhax2 was discovered, so not exactly a good time.

It doesn't help that I got the CIAs from a thread said "THESE CIAS ARE BROKEN, DO NOT USE THESE", but SysUpdater may have been able to help me out if it didn't delete all my previous system CIAs first.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my mom's wii from home shopping network that came with wii sports, all those plastic accessories for sports, 101 megamix and some other game. It had gamecube compatibility, I had a power surge during a update.

I bricked my limited edition Dissidia Final Fantasy PSP bundle by accidentally erasing system files with a homebrew file explorer, i was trying to store save data from the memory card on the flash storage.

I bricked some pcs at school in past instlling drivers for my usb hid controllers (were talking 2003) when buying those usb controllers was premitave before standard xbox xinput controllers.

The cpu bricked me. I was playing Nba Jam and the announcer said "he puts up a brick." Does it count?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.