STUPID TRIWING FROM EBAY =="

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kaphis, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Its the one on the GC ports side that keeps the metal plate on....

*Looks at wiikey*...

*throws triwing across the room*...>

2. Presto

Presto GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    Ft Worth, texas
    drill it out

3. starduck

starduck Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    I almost did the same, but at the last second, I managed to get it by applying a for of force on the screwdriver, thought it would break, it was bending like crazy.

4. Rake

Rake Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Curiously, who did you get it from / what driver is it? (What does it look like?)

I got one which arrived in the mail today. I chose the buyer because the combined cost was about $7 USD, or $10.10 Australian for me, which was far more appealing than virtually every other person who was charing $30 USD just for shipping.

The shaft is a tiny bit too fat to fit into a DS Lite, but I test-tried it on a few screws on my Wii remote and classic controller, and it seemed to do the job fine. It doesn't seem to be of the best design/construction at the tip, compared to some good phillips-head screwdrivers I have. But it'll still do the job. I may file it a bit on spots to improve the shape, if I can be bothered.

5. 3DPiper

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    I just drilled all of mine out and replaced them with regular phillip's head screws..

-Matthew

6. lookout

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    I haven't open my wii yet, which screws they used?

A:Tri-Wing
    [​IMG]

B:Opsit
    [​IMG]

7. arthurkok2

arthurkok2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2007
    Canada
    i believe its a tri-wing.

8. ozzyzak

ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    From what I've read, if you have a tool capable of getting into a GC controller, it will work for the Wii. You also have to factor in the chance that people think BOTH of those are tri-wing. They both have three points etc. To sum it up, I seem to recall my GC controller looking more like B, but I'm sure someone on here can confirm.

9. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    Craftsman Screw-out got it out for me [​IMG]

About to test it right now acutally, trying to figure out where to put the wiikey

10. modmanwii

modmanwii GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2007
    United States
    the one i got from ebay was too long, i jammed it on concrete a few times to short up the tip of it... has red handle from ebay

11. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    Good to hear you got it out, i've heard if u heat the screw with the solder iron you can also pry it out.

12. FuManChuu

FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2006
    United States
    several people are talking about doing this... there is even a thread about it... you got a part inventory for what all you had to replace?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice