Hacking Stupid problems

Thomasasz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I have a problem with this Homebrew thing. I have evereything installed using this guide ( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505#4683128 ). Homebrew channel works fine but there are some strange problems with Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3. I have found a disc with CSI game burnt in it at home (that dvd was burnt maybe 1.5 years ago) and it works fine! So I was extremely happy about success and I decided to burn more games. I have bought Verbatim DVD+Rs and burnt games in them but any of them worked! The Backup Launcher shows me an 324 error... I have burnt DVDs with ImgBurn at 4x.

I don't know what to do
frown.gif

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii can't handle DVD+R discs correctly, you might succeed by setting the booktype to DVD-R, but I recommend you to buy DVD-R discs, as the DVD laser is made for DVD-R media.

This isn't proven, but I recommend you using DVD-R discs before you harm your drive. Also, DVD-R media run more stable.

-- twofive

Thomasasz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
twofive said:
The Wii can't handle DVD+R discs correctly, you might succeed by setting the booktype to DVD-R, but I recommend you to buy DVD-R discs, as the DVD laser is made for DVD-R media.

This isn't proven, but I recommend you using DVD-R discs before you harm your drive. Also, DVD-R media run more stable.

-- twofive

Yeah I know that too but that CSI game is burnt in DVD+R and it works
wacko.gif
Gosh it is so complicated.
Okey, I'll try with DVD-Rs
smile.gif

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always used dvd+r for my wii games you just have to bitset them to dvd-rom google bitsetting for you r burning program and it should tell you how to do it

Thomasasz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okey I'm trying with DVD-R now. But I realised that there is something bad with my downloaded iso s. No matter where they are downloaded from it is shown that they are corrupted or damaged! I'm running Win7 so maybe those isos don't like the new version of Wins?
frown.gif

EDIT: DVD-R resolved all my problems!

Thank you very much guys :*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end