Stupid Friginn iTunes is annoying!

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by haddad, May 1, 2011.

May 1, 2011
  1. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    OMFG! I hope this did not happen. So I had like 3 iphone's, (2 iphone 4's, and a 3gs) all diff name's. The one that is most important is my 3GS and it is called "haddad iphone"

So I did a backup and It came to my macbook on itunes. and then when I restored it again to my iphone 3gs using "haddad iphone" backup, everything is from 2010 (proof from last txt I sent). and everything is freggin old!!! FROM LAST YEAR!

Why the frig did iTunes backup from 2010 and below only? wtf? is there a way to get everything back that is as new as today?

2. ShadowSonic2

Newcomer ShadowSonic2 Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    This might not help much but it's a start I had an issue like yours once with my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I poked around a bit but didn't fix it as I was in a rush and I didn't have any important data on it.

I've always backed up my iPod Touch on iTunes (Macbook). However, one day, when I did a full restore and came up to 'Restore from a Backup'. The latest one was one from 6 months ago. I decided to poke around. I went into the folder where iTunes keeps iDevice backups. Strangely, that folder had all my recent backups but iTunes didn't show them. I didn't bother trying to fix the issue cause I figured I wanted to start fresh.

If you're wondering where this folder is;
    Mac OS X;
    /User/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

Windows (unconfirmed);
    XP;
    C:/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Apple Computer/MobileSync/Backup

Vista/7;
    C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/MobileSync/Backup

Again, not sure how much it'll help but just thought I'd share that.

3. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    k i went there but its all just folders with file's in it that I cannot even open, all the folders are names with numbers and letters and punctuation, not readable

4. ShadowSonic2

Newcomer ShadowSonic2 Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    The name of the folder follow's this format;
    Code:
    UDID-DATE-TIME
    UUID's is a long combination of letters/numbers that is unique to each device (Should be kept secret)
    Example of backup folder;
    Code:
    rhfh7dc55757fthth4848883h3h3h3-20110406-092922
    UDID of your device can be found by clicking it's serial number in iTunes. Find the folders that have the same UDID as your device then see which is the latest date. If the latest date is really 2010, could have been some sort of issue when backing up.