OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey
So my friend's in Japan right now because his grandfather died. So he offered to bring something back for me. But I'm not sure what to get and he doesnt know either.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to choose? I don't want anything that you can buy here in America, is there something thats only in japan but also really cool at the same time?

Thanks

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh everything?

You can get practically anything you can get in Japan over the internet through sites like jbox.com and stuff.

You don't say anything about your interests, but I assume you're into games - I'd ask your friend for video game character goods (Mario, Phoenix Wright, etc.) depending on what you are into.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get shit loads of pocky
tongue.gif

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
nels said:
Hey
So my friend's in Japan right now because his grandfather died. So he offered to bring something back for me. But I'm not sure what to get and he doesnt know either.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to choose? I don't want anything that you can buy here in America, is there something thats only in japan but also really cool at the same time?

Thanks

Japan is mostly expensive in comprehension to the US so I'll say only get things that you can't get in the US or that are Japanese made.

Also note that Japan is one of the only countries with dual voltage system so check the voltage ! ( though most parts use 110V and would be OK ).

And as with every foreign country remember to check if the local standards corospond with your own country ones .

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love to get me one of those super toilets with the sprinkler system and heating.... damn but I guess those are too expensive let alone how messed up it would be if ur friend brought with him a toilet from japan.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Electronics. The ones in North America are crap, and even the Japanese brands like Panasonic, Sony, Hitachi and such are actually outsourced. I would recommend getting the original Japanese made ones, which are the best quality.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mehdi said:
I'd love to get me one of those super toilets with the sprinkler system and heating.... damn but I guess those are too expensive let alone how messed up it would be if ur friend brought with him a toilet from japan.

Available in Korea. Had one when i visted Korea(grandfather. Not dead but just visit) and well its kinda good. It was ehhh 2005 i think.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
The auto bidet toliets are awesome. If I end up living in the U.S. I am definitely buying one for my house. But they sell those in the U.S. too.

You can't buy cellphones here and take them to the U.S.; DoCoMo and au phones won't work in the U.S. (they each might have one international phone that might but I don't think even that will work). Some softbank phones might work though the research I've done on it suggests not.

Raisingod said:
Japan is mostly expensive in comprehension to the US so I'll say only get things that you can't get in the US or that are Japanese made.

Also note that Japan is one of the only countries with dual voltage system so check the voltage ! ( though most parts use 110V and would be OK ).

And as with every foreign country remember to check if the local standards corospond with your own country ones .

American and Japanese voltage is pretty much fine. Most electronics won't have a problem (I say with my American DS and Macbook Pro and Japanese cellphone and DVD player plugged into my desk).

Japan really isn't that much more expensive - with the yen it's often cheaper. It's even a better deal when you consider that for electronics last year's model drops heavily in price when a new model comes out. Even then, though last year's model is still better than what you can get in the U.S. or Europe. I did this with the Panasonix TZM3 Lumix I just bought to replace my battered American Sony Cybershot.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'm a sucker for gaming-related plushies and Japan seems to have a ton of 'em...

Bring back some cool plushies.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol