FileTrip Stuff not being done on filetrip (part 2).

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Rydian, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's pretty annoying to report corrections and files for removal and find nothing being done.

[​IMG]

Then when I get told to make a comment telling people that a file has the wrong description or is broken in the previous issue (which is one hell of a lazy workaround), I find my comment deleted.

http://filetrip.net/profile.php?id=9408
    Comment listed and linked.
    [​IMG]

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/cheat-files/download-r4cce-10-f9197.html#comment5899
    "0 Comments".
    [​IMG]

If Filetrip is meant to be a reliable download place, then descriptions should be correct, duplicates should be removed, and files should be confirmed to work before being added. If these are found to not be up to standards afterwards, they should be removed/corrected as they're found out by users and reported with the system.

2. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    I have a feeling that you would be quite useful as staff :D you'd be able to edit stuff out all by yourself.
    Obviously staff can't always be perfect, and I am not around lately for personal reasons so I can't help by giving directions.
    I'll contact you some time if you are interested in helping out on Filetrip directly instead of having to rely on reports.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    I guess I do complain and make suggestions often enough, eh?

I'll catch you on IMs some time I have free or something.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ The saint of all the sinners

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I would like to mention that the old comments seemed to have been removed when filetrip switched to disqus for the comments. I thought I brought it up...I could be wrong on that one and only made the post, but didn't post it for some reason.

5. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If so then I guess only the display was changed over since the comments are still on the profiles and linked.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ The saint of all the sinners

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I guess the comments were not transferred over, since when I click on them no comment is displayed.