• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Students Asked To Leave Multicultural Room For 'Police Lives Matter' Sticker

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All lives matter
The issue with “All lives Matter” and “Police Lives Matter” is that they were made by and for those upset over the word “Black.”

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
The issue with “All lives Matter” and “Police Lives Matter” is that they were made by and for those upset over the word “Black.”
Yeah I get that but the thing is
People strongly overlook those 2 claims
I'm white and asian but I will treat someone of different race the same way I'd treat any human
The police lives matter was because of HARRASMENT

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I get that but the thing is
People strongly overlook those 2 claims
I'm white and asian but I will treat someone of different race the same way I'd treat any human
The police lives matter was because of HARRASMENT
Police are literally killing people and often getting away with it, they don’t need more support and they deserve to be called out for their abuse. Even the best cop is likely to still have a shitty track record. Support shouldn’t come from hijacking another movement, it should come from making reform, more training, being held accountable, more monitoring, and so much more. Blind support is the reason why the police have become the problem

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Police are literally killing people and often getting away with it, they don’t need more support and they deserve to be called out for their abuse. Even the best cop is likely to still have a shitty track record. Support shouldn’t come from hijacking another movement, it should come from making reform, more training, being held accountable, more monitoring, and so much more. Blind support is the reason why the police have become the problem
I agree some police officers aren't good people
You're generalizing all police officers
Yes I agree shitty officers should be held accountable, should be given more training etc.
but just put yourself in that situation
You've been helping the community for years and everyone hates you now.
Near me, a milkshake place tried to poison a police officer last year

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree some police officers aren't good people
You're generalizing all police officers
Yes I agree shitty officers should be held accountable, should be given more training etc.
but just put yourself in that situation
You've been helping the community for years and everyone hates you now.
Near me, a milkshake place tried to poison a police officer last year
All cops continue to be part of a bad system and continue to uphold that system. A good cop would be a cop protecting against the police not continuing to work for them due to their loyalty to the system. Simply put, a good cop isn’t going to be a cop in bad system.
I don’t agree with trying to poison someone but I understand their motivations to do so. When you feel helpless again the system, you do what you can to try and feel in control. It’s the wrong approach to trying to solve a bigger problem.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
All cops continue to be part of a bad system and continue to uphold that system. A good cop would be a cop protecting against the police not continuing to work for them due to their loyalty to the system. Simply put, a good cop isn’t going to be a cop in bad system.
I don’t agree with trying to poison someone but I understand their motivations to do so. When you feel helpless again the system, you do what you can to try and feel in control. It’s the wrong approach to trying to solve a bigger problem.
I totally agree with most of what you're saying
but a lot of things we've been approaching are the wrong approach
but it's not like the system is changing
More and more people have been trying to get the law to change and I think it's starting to work.
It's not perfect, but it's not as bad as they claim it to be

Reactions: WG481

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I totally agree with most of what you're saying
but a lot of things we've been approaching are the wrong approach
but it's not like the system is changing
More and more people have been trying to get the law to change and I think it's starting to work.
It's not perfect, but it's not as bad as they claim it to be
Most people are wasting their breath believing they can vote in changes for the system while voting for someone like Biden or supporting Trump. Neither will bring much change and what changes they will bring will either be completely pointless or continue the same cycle of problems. So it is kind of a bigger problem and unfortunately, the police are part of that problem. That being said, I still stand by my suggestions because they aren't that unreasonable and aren't even the most extreme of a stance that I would normally purpose.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Most people are wasting their breath believing they can vote in changes for the system while voting for someone like Biden or supporting Trump. Neither will bring much change and what changes they will bring will either be completely pointless or continue the same cycle of problems. So it is kind of a bigger problem and unfortunately, the police are part of that problem. That being said, I still stand by my suggestions because they aren't that unreasonable and aren't even the most extreme of a stance that I would normally purpose.
That’s why we have to identify the cause and end the cause

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you've grown up and put 10 or so years into a marriage, parenting children, working a fulltime job, paying for a home ... it would be interesting to see you be made to come back and read those posts and watch the expressions you make while confronting how naïve and led-around by the nose you were back in 2021.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That’s why we have to identify the cause and end the cause
I think this is where we are going to end up in a bit of stalemate because I am an Ancom and my approach to this is rather extreme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended