Hacking stuck with ios problems..

crash_insane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to fix a friend's wii for a while and I just don't know what to do. He used the cIOS36 rev.9 installer about say 2 or 3 years ago as he claimed and might have missed a step or two when installing wads. AFAIK, his Wii could not run usbloader(hit with an -4100 error; no custom ios).

Here's some info:
system menu v3.4 ios50
HBC v1.0.6
IOS36 v12.18
boot2v3

I tried patching ios36 but everything I did so far has led me to errors stating there isn't ios. I tried installing wads via MMM but refused. What should I do? I've been researching like crazy and I couldn't find a way to fix this.

edit: forgot to mentioned most apps just refused to work because cIOS 249 couldn't be found, that explained the -4100 error.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update HBC, which I think it should do automatically if you connect to the internet. If not, get the HackMii Installer and start it from HBC.

Get IOS236 installer to install a version of IOS36 with all patches to slot 236.

Use IOS236 to install any cIOSs or WADs.

Updating HBC is important, by the way, because IOS236 installer uses a new feature available to install the IOS (it's something like WHBPROT, but I never really bothered to remember it exactly)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I'd try to install rev21 in slot 249 (when asked, use a base ios of 36 or 56). It has about the same features as the IOS236, but quite some homebrew assumes a working cIOS in slot 249.
(note: I quickly tried to check the contents, and it said to start by having HBC 1.0.7 or later).

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wever said:
Hmm...I'd try to install rev21 in slot 249 (when asked, use a base ios of 36 or 56). It has about the same features as the IOS236, but quite some homebrew assumes a working cIOS in slot 249.
(note: I quickly tried to check the contents, and it said to start by having HBC 1.0.7 or later).

Think you've kinda answered your own question on what to do

crash_insane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
Update HBC, which I think it should do automatically if you connect to the internet. If not, get the HackMii Installer and start it from HBC.

Get IOS236 installer to install a version of IOS36 with all patches to slot 236.

Use IOS236 to install any cIOSs or WADs.

Updating HBC is important, by the way, because IOS236 installer uses a new feature available to install the IOS (it's something like WHBPROT, but I never really bothered to remember it exactly)
Thank you for pointing it out. I didn't know updating HBC would dramatically changes everything.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...the HBC is the one piece of software that should be stable above anything else. If you have a bunch of hacked IOS'es installed, it will cause problems (cIOScork/darkcorp tends to conflict with the HBC; certain wads can cause the same sorts of problems).

Updating the HBC may not be obligated or needed, I would still recommend it. For one, because it doesn't get deleted if the wii gets accidentally updated to 4.3.

@bazamuffin: I think you're confusing me with the OP.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end