Hacking Stuck Pixel, best way to fix it?

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, well basically, here's the lowdown of my problem, written in the most dramatic way possible:
After sending my old DS Lite to Nintendo because of a yellow tint screen problem, I finally got my new DS Lite back in today. So what would any giddy Nintendo fan do? Well, I ran up to my room and tore out the package. And there it was, my brand new fixed DS. Oh, how I smiled in sheer excitement.

I explored my new DS and checked out some of the fixed stuff. It felt harder, better, fast, and even stronger. I turned on my DS as I play around with my settings and get settled in.

This is when I found something almost devastating.

To my horror, to my dismay, to my sadness, my DS wasn't as good as it seemed to be. There was a stuck pixel, smack-dab right in the bottom left corner. It shined a horrid green light while I look in fear. I did not want to send it back to Nintendo, dear no. I just got it. I was in a panic, I was in shock!

However, there was hope.

I had heard somewhere on the virtual superhighway that there was a fix to.. fix this eternal stuck pixel. However, I do not know on how to execute this "fix".

Have you, the reader, ever had a problem with this dreaded "stuck pixel" and have you found out a way to cure this disease?

(God, I am so bored, hahaha.)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay. You should trust me on this. I used to be really bugged about stuck pixels before. You should try to ignore it rather than sending it to Nintendo or trying to fix it yourself.

The harmless "fixes" you can try (this has had a 0% working chance for me, for various DS', and I haven't heard of a single case where somebody can personally verify it works) the flashing technique, which is basically flashing RGB at a very high fps.

The massaging trick is a bit hard, since the touch screen should be hard, and pressing too hard will push the touch screen in (did for my brand new one a day ago >_>). If you try to open it, you may break some of the delicate pieces like I did in one of my previous DSLs
frown.gif

Don't count on fixing them yourself though. I can almost guarantee it will not work (unfortunately)

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I left it on for about 9 hours. No results yet. =( I'm hoping for a miracle here, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

But a quick question, how long would I need to keep this on to get any result?

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I left it on for about 9 hours. No results yet. =( I'm hoping for a miracle here, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

But a quick question, how long would I need to keep this on to get any result?

To infinity and beyond, sadly.

(not that I've had much experience in this, just seems deeply unlikely that it can be fixed)

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I had a stuck pixel on my black DS lite when I first got it...didnt even notice it for a few days since is was on the far right side of the screen. (Showed up as a green pixel on a black screen?)

I couldn't be bothered to go and swap it, so I just tried the "massaging" trick. It would then go off for a few days before coming back, and I would repeat the treatment. (ie just press the spot and it's surrounding area.)

After a couple of weeks of pressing on the stuck pixel (be careful since you have to press quite hard!), it finally fixed it permanently and no more stuck pixel for like 6 months now ?
bow.gif

Anywayz I think you'll have better luck trying to massage it...good luck!
yaynds.gif

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a certain technique to "message" the stuck pixel? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but its kind of hard since its stuck around the bottom left.

Sorry about all the questions, hahaha. I'm just a desperate man who desperately wants to have his 3rd DS Lite to be actually somewhat perfect.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm...well what worked for me was simply pressing on and around the affected pixel. I did press quite hard, but you can vary the pressure applied, taking extra care not to crack the screen. (Mine would stick on different colours...I'm sure I remember it being red as well!
wacko.gif
)

If you keep the DS on with a black background, it'll be easier to see the "liquid" moving around.

I feel your pain...I need to get some Hori screen protectors, 'cos I am getting paranoid about scratching my screen!

Anywayz here's hoping it's just stuck, and not "dead" !!!
yaynds.gif

grog.gif

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late response here. But a couple of last questions before I completely leave this thread alone.

To Noobix: Where was your stuck pixel located and which screen was it on? Also, how long did you press it down for?

and to jimmy j: How exactly would it repair itself? To my knowledge, stuck pixels last almost... forever. But then again, I don't know much, do I? hahaha.

And one last question: is there any other technique I can use to try to fix this problem other than the "message" technique?

Thank you all so much for the help!

I guess if all doesn't go well, I guess I'm going to have to go back to NESA (Nintendo's repair people) and ask for ANOTHER DS. Ugh.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you use the pixel enough, it may eventually unstick itself (I read this somewhere). Usually when you try to fix stuck pixels through massaging, you just rub the area around the pixel (and the pixel itself of course) for a while, and it may disappear.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I remembered my psp now.
I never managed to fix the stuck pixels even though i heard over the internet i could.
My old ds had also one that i could not fix with those programs that cycles RGB.
I hope you get some results but i never had any either to my psp or my ds.
The best is to return it back to Nintendo.
I feel lucky that my dslite is ok.
smile.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I think this is related:

A couple of moths ago I noticed a pair of stuck pixels on my DS lite one on each screen. Just yesterday I noticed that they're not there anymore.
I didn't use anything to fix it, and the DS has a regular use, so there's hope brothas.

WongD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I massaged the stuck pixel with a qtip, it's gone for a short while. Then I put a screen protector and now it disappeared. I am guessing the screen protector gives pressure to the stuck pixel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM