Hacking stuck on what to do now? wiiflow

donnycash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys. Ive been at it all day and im stuck on what to do.. I've followed https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/ down to the #7 "7) Install d2x cIOS on different bases/slots"

im stuck on what i need to do now? i tried loading wiiflow but i dont know where to put my iso game i downloaded on my sd card. am i missing some steps? i havent done the cIOS236 INSTALLATION but is that what i should do next? i've got like 5 or 6 tabs open and its just information overload.. how do i get all the emulators/roms? thats what ive been trying to do but im just lost atm. sorry if there is a sticky post about this but i just cant seem to find it. if someone can give me some guidance that would be awesome. thanks guys

edit: my end result would be to get this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/MasterPiece/Wiiflow_Pack.html on my wii. as i said im having a brain fart atm and its all just really overwhelming. thanks

Last edited by donnycash,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Once you've installed the cios from the alt-vwii, than stop! More people brick their vwii from going outside and making decisions in which they have no firm basis. You place your backups in a folder called wbfs from the root of the device.

donnycash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply, got all that and was able to run super mario all stars after getting a black screen and return to menu error for afew hours. was able to fix by installing the other d2x 52 cios. i tried plugging in my portable hdd but it was making a clicking sound, this means i need a y cable right? and also do you know if there is like a full zip file i can download that has a whole library of wii/snes/gba etc roms and emulators that i can just load to my sd card? thanks

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply, got all that and was able to run super mario all stars after getting a black screen and return to menu error for afew hours. was able to fix by installing the other d2x 52 cios. i tried plugging in my portable hdd but it was making a clicking sound, this means i need a y cable right? and also do you know if there is like a full zip file i can download that has a whole library of wii/snes/gba etc roms and emulators that i can just load to my sd card? thanks
Yes you need a Y cable

And no, no such convenient 'zip' exists. And you cant ask for games here. Learn to google.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And no, no such convenient 'zip' exists. And you cant ask for games here. Learn to google.
Not that I want to contradict you, but yes, such convenient 'zip' do exist. Some well known collections are the Good sets, such as GoodNes, GoodSnes, GoodGen, etc. Some can be directly acquired from a certain heavenly emulation-related website.:rolleyes: That's enough hints for today for the topic creator. As you mentioned, he should google.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I want to contradict you, but yes, such convenient 'zip' do exist. Some well known collections are the Good sets, such as GoodNes, GoodSnes, GoodGen, etc. Some can be directly acquired from a certain heavenly emulation-related website.:rolleyes: That's enough hints for today for the topic creator. As you mentioned, he should google.
A single zip with every wii/snes/gba in one? That'd be huge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16