Stuck on Plailects arm 9 guide. HBL no longer launches.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jimbo13, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jimbo13
    OP

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    I am working through Plailects arm9 guide and I am held up on a step and can't get HBL to launch by holding down.

I've completed these steps what appeared to be succesfully, "If you boot into the home menu, you have successfully launched EmuNAND" But I am having trouble with step 6.

Booted in to home menu so I assume I successfully launched Emunand, and rebooted. I can no longer get in to HBL by holding down at reboot (that is what I am set to). Also I don't know if on the reboot if it is launching Sysnand or Emunand. Do I need to hold a key or complete a function for it to start in Sysnand?

(Health & Safety is gone, no longer FBI if this is an indicator)

Thanks.

Last edited by jimbo13, Mar 26, 2016
  2. frosty5689

frosty5689 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    You mean you cant get into hbl from sysnand using menuhax? Did you upgrad/downgrade sysnand between the last time it successfully launched and now? Did you delete the menuhax ropbin from sdcard?

jimbo13 likes this.
  3. jimbo13
    OP

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    Correct, holding down did launch HBL with menuhax and no longer does.

And I don't know if I am in Sysnand or Emunand. After you enable Emunand does it launch by default on a reboot?

Steps 4 & 5 appeared successful, rebooted and I can't get back in to HBL by holding down.

On that reboot is my system Launching Sys or Emunand?

I'm still on 9.2, I had upgraded initially from 8.1

Last edited by jimbo13, Mar 26, 2016
  4. frosty5689

Jan 30, 2016
    Not familiar with cakes but aureinand will remember your last boot mode and reboot into that mode if you happen to reboot from exiting system settings.

If you have sysnand and emunand on different version, you can check which one you are on by going into system settings. Make sure you boot back into emunand after you exit.

I would look into setting up aureinand, it is much simpler to setup.

jimbo13 likes this.
  5. jimbo13
    OP

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    Then what is the procedure for switching boot modes? I think It's just remembering emunand and I am not going back to Sysnand because I don't know the function for telling it to.

6. frosty5689

Jan 30, 2016
    For aureinand, you have to hold A in addition to what you want to boot into on reboot. Not sure about cakes

jimbo13 likes this.