Stuck on LT 1.1 (unless ESATA works)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Agjsdfd, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Agjsdfd
    OP

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    So, I am stuck on LT 1.1 as I dont have the desktop with compatable chipset.
    Cant play Fable 3 as I have the new dashboard.

Now my question is, can you flash the drive using a laptop which has ESATA port?

Or how could I play those new games that has the new AP?

I have Benq drive by the way.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It is JTAG (which you can not do by virtue of your being on the latest dash) or LT+ I am afraid.

The benq is not bad as far as chipsets go (it is certainly nicer than some of the older ones) but it still stands a chance of not working with some random chipset.

As for the question- sata or esata should not pose a problem. It is all about the chipset.

Also VIA6421 desktop cards about about the price of a takeaway pizza and PCMCIA (search for vt6421) are less than the price of a new game.

3. strapsoz

strapsoz Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Australia
    There is a usb device that is coming out that will allow you to flash all drives. Or as previously posted, buy a desktop card and use a friends PC.

4. Agjsdfd
    OP

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    I see.
    Planning on selling all my stuff and just to stick with a PS3 lol.
    But for now I will just have to reflash it to LT+.

5. MFDC12

MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    don't worry, ive flashed 360 about 3 times with esata (going to lt, then to lt+ then the lt+ 1.1 [i think thats the version number]).

check what chipset you have and compare it to a list (however i do not have a list or link to one offhand) or google jungleflasher + your chipset and see if its compatible.