Gaming Stuck in M&L: Superstar Saga

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is really odd (and hopefully, I'm just not overlooking something embarrassingly obvious..).. but I'm stuck in the game and I don't know what the issue is.

I'm at the part where you have a tutorial on how to high jump (L+B). I press the L button and.. nothing happens. (I've tried pressing L and then B.. holding L and then pressing B.. all that happens is Luigi jumps regularly)

Just for debugging purposes, I'm playing the game on my Nintendo DS Lite on a G6 Lite flash cart (all default settings used when copying the ROM).

Any idea what the problem is? Is my DS broken? Is this some anti-piracy thing? Am I just stupid?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not Anti-Piracy, and you're not dumb. It sounds like it's either a bad dump, or a G6 issue if the command action doesn't change when you press L.
If Mario is in the lead, and you can't do it, it's either the rom or cart.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK downloaded a different (actually, I have no way to check if it actually is any different..) rom.. same issue.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There is no piracy on M&LSS. You're not stupid...

Well, my first guess would be a broken L button on your DS. It's an incredibly common issue, esspecially on the lites. It's not a bad dump, since you already re downloaded. The L button will be required throughout the entire game. Playing the game via computer emulator is no fun, and your DS probably can't play the game at all. So my suggestion would be to run the game on a hacked wii (If you have one) using VBAgx. I'm actually doing that right now. It's awesome.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
There is no piracy on M&LSS. You're not stupid...

Well, my first guess would be a broken L button on your DS. It's an incredibly common issue, esspecially on the lites. It's not a bad dump, since you already re downloaded. The L button will be required throughout the entire game. Playing the game via computer emulator is no fun, and your DS probably can't play the game at all. So my suggestion would be to run the game on a hacked wii (If you have one) using VBAgx. I'm actually doing that right now. It's awesome.
Is there any way I can verify the button is broken (I can't offhand think of any games that use it..)?

Edit: Fixed it! Must have been some dirt or something stuck under there..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8