Hardware stuck at switch screen after new thermal paste (pics included)

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so switch running 8.1 with sxos and everything was fine, i took apart to fix a railing and noticed paste was bad. so i cleaned real well and applied some MX-4 as i read it was the best to use. i usually use artic5 but reaqd that takes to long to bake. i have tried booting console to gether and stays at the switch logo. so i remove sd card reader and heat sink and ect. to the chip. still doesnt go past the switch logo. so i assuming i might of broke something? looks good to me but your the pros.
could it be a software issue? i have tried recovery of nand back up still nothing.
thanx in advance.
or could it still be new paste that got smeared between the small squares around the chip area?

Attachments

• IMG-0825.JPG
    IMG-0825.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG-0824.JPG
    IMG-0824.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG-0823.JPG
    IMG-0823.JPG
    807.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG-0822.JPG
    IMG-0822.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 279
Last edited by barelynotlegal,

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after playing around the only way i can get into rcm mode is via sxos/hekate. if i just use jig and hold vol+ nothing happens
my fingers are to fat to hold all 3 buttons down..
i have restored nand and boot files as well still no luck

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@linuxares @homuhomu
found the culprit.... lrft side of chip, must of been when removing heat shield.. (dang it) any chance of repair?
and thank you for the pics you provided. didnt even think to check mobo pictures. guess ill have to return that emmc chip lol.
AGAIN thank you both!
Capture.PNG

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Based on boards i have, some revisions might not have filter on the right side of the CPU/RAM shield. You have one of the lates board revisions(20) for old switch, don't worry about that element.

But you have to have that capacitor on the left side of the shield... very easy to repair with hot air gun and thin nozzle... but you have to clean the pads to remove leftovers from old capacitor with tin solder.

Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: barelynotlegal

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Agilato
except im missing that.. not sure where it went .. wouldnt even know where find specs to replace..
plus my fingers are too fat and i drink too much coffee lol

If i am not mistaking this is 0201 size capacitor not sure about nominal (my guess is 10nF 10-25v, not 100%) you can order "0201 SMD Capacitor book" that will contain all sorts of them, while we measuring it. Or find donor board...

Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: Lightyose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all