Hacking Stuck at section IV - Restoring System

ellielikestoeatrocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been using this website to try to get custom firmware https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
my problem is its too confusing. i get to part 2 where it says
Navigate to SDCARD -> ctrtransfer
i boot up my 3ds and then i look for that folder and i cant find it. i tried skipping to section V where you inject fbi or whatever and then i load up the thing to open fbi and it just black screens. what am i supposed to do??

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Just do it as its wrighten there? Nothing confusing in rhere. Simply do one sentence after the other. What I wouldn't do is just leave a step out or some thing like that except you want to buz a new device....

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been using this website to try to get custom firmware https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
my problem is its too confusing. i get to part 2 where it says
Navigate to SDCARD -> ctrtransfer
i boot up my 3ds and then i look for that folder and i cant find it. i tried skipping to section V where you inject fbi or whatever and then i load up the thing to open fbi and it just black screens. what am i supposed to do??
Okay so when you navigate to SD card > CTRNANDtansfer while in Godmode9, then find your nand.bin that should be on your SD card, and restore it. If you don't have your backup, then you need to use the 9.2 CTRNAND transfer. Also, you can use Decrypt9 Vs. Godmode9 to do the same thing.

What do you mean, "I boot up my 3DS and then I look for that folder and can't find it"? When you used SafeCTRTransfer to downgrade to 2.1 you should have created that folder yourself, which contains your backup. If you deleted it, just make another folder and use the 9.2 CTRNAND transfer, Otherwise, just put the folder back on your SD.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

ellielikestoeatrocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so when you navigate to SD card > CTRNANDtansfer while in Godmode9, then find your nand.bin that should be on your SD card, and restore it. If you don't have your backup, then you need to use the 9.2 CTRNAND transfer. Also, you can use Decrypt9 Vs. Godmode9 to do the same thing.

What do you mean, "I boot up my 3DS and then I look for that folder and can't find it"? When you used SafeCTRTransfer to downgrade to 2.1 you should have created that folder yourself, which contains your backup. If you deleted it, just make another folder and use the 9.2 CTRNAND transfer, Otherwise, just put the folder back on your SD.
alright thanks for that i guess i didnt make a backup then. where do i get the 9.2 ctrnand transfer thing at? is this it https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.