Stubborn Media Center... Help?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Selim873, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Selim873
    OP

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I used to always use Media Center on my X360, but I had a virus so I had to completely reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate. After getting my drivers reinstalled, I decided to get my X360 and Media Center back together. I opened up MC and my Xbox, the PC detected my Xbox and added it as an extender, all I needed was the 8 Digit number. One problem, even though my Media Center detected my Xbox, my Xbox can't find my Media Center! I tried formatting my Xbox Hard drive, clearing the Cache, I tried making my Xbox "forget" my network and re-establishing it, no go either. Disabling my firewall didn't do the trick either. I can stream my music and videos using Windows Media Player, but I want to use the media center. My host PC is a netbook so I can't use that as an entertainment center, plus, it worked like a charm on the Xbox on my big screen so... yeah...

My PC Screen
    [​IMG]

My X360's Screen
    [​IMG]

EDIT: SOLVED! If you had the same issue as me, do this, disable your firewall, then on your Xbox, go to System Settings>Computers>Windows Media Center>Setup, you will get your key there, and it'll set up just fine! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice