Hacking Stub IOS removal

bhudda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to mod a friend of mine's wii. It's a PAL with 4.2 system menu. I got hbc 1.0.8 installed, then using DOPmii v13 restored the trucha bug. I then went to remove stub ios 222,223,249 and 250 (202 wasn't listed as a stub) with dopmii. Selecting the stub and pressing minus did nothing, no matter which stub I tried. I gave up at that point in case I screwed something up.

Is there another way to remove the stub IOS'es or have I missed something? I can't check the wii right now as it's a my friends house but I'll probably be there tomorrow.

Cheers.

bhudda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I selected IOS: 36, then IOS, BC, MIOS in the next menu and searched through the different IOS'es.

bhudda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The ninty gods are cursing me!!!

Every time I try to unzip the download for DOP-Mii 14.2 I'm getting errors, I tried a couple of downloads in case 1 was corrupted but still the same. Is there a mirror anywhere?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
holy water
wink.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use MMM [MultiModManager] http://goo.gl/egwSB it has an option to remove stub IOS and you can also use it to install other IOS it's kind of like a swiss army knife.

you may want to consider using it's 1-click express TBR which installs a patched version of IOS36 into both IOS36 & IOS236 and just use IOS236 when you need to install anything.

Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition is a great app however sometimes it's not necessarily the best to use.

bhudda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same issue with dopmii 14.2, when I get to the stub IOS that I want to remove the minus symbol magically disappears. I wasn't long there today and didn't have enough time to use MMM, I'll try tomorrow. All I want to do after is install wanins and hermes cIos' and run wiiflow.

Mave0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuan said:
bhudda said:
The ninty gods are cursing me!!!

Every time I try to unzip the download for DOP-Mii 14.2 I'm getting errors, I tried a couple of downloads in case 1 was corrupted but still the same. Is there a mirror anywhere?

http://filetrip.net/f12940-DOP-Mii-Wiibrew-Edition-14-2.html

i just tried download the 14.2 version but weather i download from wiibrew site or that filetrip site every time i try to unzip i get same message:

! C:\Users\Desktop\DopMiiBrew.zip: Cannot create folder apps\DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition
! The directory name is invalid.
! C:\Users\Desktop\DopMiiBrew.zip: Cannot create apps\DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition\boot.dol
! The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
! C:\Users\Desktop\DopMiiBrew.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\Desktop\DopMiiBrew.zip: Cannot create apps\DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition\icon.png
! C:\Users\Desktop\DopMiiBrew.zip: Cannot create apps\DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition\meta.xml

tried from both places same thing? is there another site to download from or someone have the files already unzipped

Mave0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bhudda said:
Same issue with dopmii 14.2, when I get to the stub IOS that I want to remove the minus symbol magically disappears. I wasn't long there today and didn't have enough time to use MMM, I'll try tomorrow. All I want to do after is install wanins and hermes cIos' and run wiiflow.

also if you want to delete stub ioses why dont you just use anytitle deleter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls